Skip to content

Don't read this, it might make you cry (with laughter)

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • I can't stop this feeling!!!!

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    dmeyD
    I know.. time flies … already two and a half....... You are so right,, i guess the thing is I am envisioning a bit of a change in my living situation, where I may move to a bigger place and also maybe have the possibility of going to the mountains on a regular basis. This may or may not happen, but I guess I will know this year. If that happens then I definitely will want another.
  • New Basenji owners…...Don't be afraid!!!!!

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    17k Views
    MrBaRooampBittyM
    Ha ha ha , and just think it's only the beginning. We have discovered thar B's and Shiba Inu' s are all sisters's under the skin. Our 14yo Shiba, Sable, 5 yo B, Bitty,and the 2 yo B, Mr Baroo have tried their best to totally destroy our 3 cushion sofa, and 2 cushion love seat. They have torn the cover from all 4 arms and dug neat little nests in the center of all the cushions, just the right size for B's and Shiba's to curl up in. Karin says that if they ever grow out of it we are going to purchase a new living room set, but there dosent seem to be any chance of that happening any time soon.
  • Don't let this happen to you

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    7k Views
    RivermoonR
    I'm glad everything turned out alright. A long time ago I remember hearing that and used it once with Dakota. It's hard NOT to chase after them and run in the opposite direction but it really does work. We put up a 4 foot wrought iron fence around the front yard. Mine are pretty good about staying in when the door is opened but I would never totally trust them. Hubby did once leave the door and the gate wide open and all three took off down the block. Luckily a neighbor had his dog out and used him as bait to get our three back.
  • We forget that others don't know….

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    B
    We hear so many weird noises coming from ours, sometimes it sounds like there's an Exorcism going on downstairs:eek: ….......then there's the Cewbacca sound Max makes....Willy's chimp imitation...Cleo's wolverine sounds.......ya got to love em!:D The Little Af Boy may be the most vocal Basenji I've ever come across......he's always saying something.....so cute:)
  • Baby Gates I don't use them

    Basenji Talk
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    19k Views
    G
    I use a baby gate in the hallway to seperate the bedrooms/bathrooms from the rest of the house. The 16yr old cat lives in the bedrooms. My B's have the rest of the house. I had to experiment with gates though. The lattice kind my B girl used like a ladder. Stuck her little paws in the openings and climbed. I now have a vertical slat installed to the wall. I had to have extra pieces attahced to the bottom b/c she would wiggle her shoulders under and then stand up popping the hindges from the wall.
  • I don't own a basenji, but I'm looking for info…

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    10k Views
    L
    Oh WOW, you guys are sooooo helpful. Thanks DDS for the link, that was especially helpful. I'm just intrigued with this breed for some reason, and I'm not sure why. Reading what all of you have to say is better that the typical things that you read on the computer. They all just repeat the same thing over and over where as all of you can give me personal experiances. I know all puppies are a lot of hard work, but compared to other dog (which I see some of you have had other breeds) are they actually a lot tougher? All pups like to chew and get into trouble but are they especially hard to train. Lets say with housebreaking and such? Oh and for all of you that have cats too, do they stay out of the kitty box or are the prone to make there way there, if you catch what I'm saying. I read they they are very clean and often times will clean themselves like a cat does. Really? And they are aloof like cats? Soooo much info and I would rather hear all of this from you than get false info. HELP!!