Skip to content

Would like to foster a Basenji

Basenji Rescue
  • Is there any rescue/foster people in the Atlanta GA area??

  • @mr_smokeyd I don't know about Atlanta specifically, but I would recommend contacting BRAT. They don't restrict their rescue to one geographical area.... I'm sure they would be able to connect you with a district supervisor near you.

  • Please go to Basenjirescue.org and join as a member. It will show you are serious about helping. BRAT always needs good foster homes. A home visit will be required (not sure if that is possible at this time considering this COVID-19 crisis). It is especially helpful if you have basenji experience. Not always, but very often, a basenji coming into rescue has special needs (i.e., behavioral, medical, etc.). It is good to ask yourself if you and your family are willing to deal with that. Fostering is hard but it can also be a wonderful and rewarding thing to do.

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji?

    Basenji Rescue
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    D
    He did look like he had short legs but I thought his body was long for a Rat Terrier. I am so used to them having a docked tail and much more white on the body. I thought he may be a poorly bred Basenji. Mansfield is not too far away from the Amish area. I wonder if he barks much! Jennifer
  • Fostering :)

    Basenji Rescue
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    Anubis's MommyA
    Hey Nicole, good idea. Once his issues are dealt with I'd be more than happy to bring in a foster :) Ive got new ideas im putting to use and so far today everything's gone smoothly. No snarky Anubis today lol
  • Not a Basenji, but…

    Basenji Rescue
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Terry, I know Joan, she will want to know about this dog.
  • She looks like a Basenji…in GA

    Basenji Rescue
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    Hard to tell for sure - she does have the wrinkles - but without seeing her tail, it's difficult. In any event, I sure hope she gets adopted soon.
  • Basenjis in Louisiana

    Basenji Rescue
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Oh, I don't. I can only "have" 2 dogs, but I sure work like heavens to get the dogs matched from the rescue group to the home. Win/win. worth more than gold to find the right place that cares for the dogs forever.
  • Basenji foster homes in midwest, needed

    Basenji Rescue
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    19k Views
    S
    I am not sure…but if you post this question to the BRAT site, they can answer your question. http://www.basenjirescue.org Do let us know what you find out.