Skip to content

Rescue pup. Basenji?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Brat Rescue and Transport; How they really treat rescues

    Basenji Talk
    177
    0 Votes
    177 Posts
    116k Views
    elbrantE
    @helle-devi I notified BRAT shortly after "Heather" started the rant. I was concerned about several points (administering/adjusting med dosage without Vet approval/advice, ignoring Vet advice, and on and on). They called an emergency board meeting and took prompt action. Unfortunately, legal processes take time. All the while, Heather continued her rant. And more astonishing details were revealed. By the time Heather sent her first (wall of text itself) post, BRAT had already sent Heather an email explaining that they were reclaiming "Declan". Indicating that BRAT was already aware that things had gotten out of hand. I think Heather was a good "foster Mom" when she first started doing it. But something ... somewhere along the line ... started unraveling for her. I don't wish her any ill will. I do hope that she finds her way back. But I still think removing Declan from her home was "for the best". sigh (note: I do not know if Declan is still with her or not, Heather might have actually signed that agreement, but I doubt it.)
  • Basenji rescued from pond in Colorado!!

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Thanks heavens for the folks who will do this rescue for an animal in need.
  • Basenji Song-Moon Over Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Oh Barklessdog, you are a brave person. I must now stand with you in insane-solidarity and admit I bought it too. It is awful but when you get the line "we couldn't say goodbye so we took him home" part, you know you got to help support the woman. lol
  • Questions before I get my Basenji pup!

    Basenji Talk
    80
    0 Votes
    80 Posts
    56k Views
    L
    That sounds exactly like benji…his ears stay folded back for awhile when we get home he's so excited. And he is the smartest dog I've ever been around also. He knows what alot of different words mean just by picking up on our conversations and he does quite a few tricks when he wants to as well. And he has to be with us constantly too. The breeder had named him Wyatt so you might remember his pics and I posted some also.
  • UK Members - Beautiful Basenji Pup

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    13k Views
    crazybones16C
    oh man thats just up the road from me i wish i had a spare 400…. i would love to take her on such ashame does anyone know whats happened to this lil pup????
  • Basenjis are -

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    7k Views
    QuercusQ
    ooohhh…so true!!! Good observation!