Skip to content

Rescue Basenji sighting

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • basenji sighting!

    Basenji Talk
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    26k Views
    SavingS
    Nice, they are about in a few different adverts, I spot them every now and again.
  • Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    12k Views
    P
    @ktiefen1 You would be correct!! Potty Training eventually came easy because ours is so treat motivated....lol. Basic obedience is a challenge for us......ahe is definitely her own girl....and please dont disturb her sleep. You could lose a limb. ::)))))
  • Basenji Song-Moon Over Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Oh Barklessdog, you are a brave person. I must now stand with you in insane-solidarity and admit I bought it too. It is awful but when you get the line "we couldn't say goodbye so we took him home" part, you know you got to help support the woman. lol
  • Basenji sighting? (circa 1939)

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    6k Views
    suzeeS
    I don't think it's a Basenji or even a mix.. only because according to AKC the first litter of Basenji puppies raised to maturity was in 1941, so it was a very new breed to our country at that time! It's a very cute dog regardless!! I can see where it can be mistaken for a Basenji mix with those adorable ears! I would love to see these pictures enhanced/in color. Very interesting find! =)
  • Black chow sights a basenji!

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Cool photos…thanks so much for sharing.
  • Basenji-mix does search and rescue

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    AmberedA
    "We believe he's Basenji and Jack Russell. Actually, I think he's perfect for a disaster work because he can crawl into anything. He can climb on anything. He's like part dog, part cat and part monkey. He can go anywhere. It's amazing. Dogs know how to find things with their nose, naturally." i had always heard part dog, part cat, but throw monkey in there, hahaha. what a wonderful story, jessi.