Skip to content

Advice please if a Basenji might be a good match.

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    6k Views
    C
    Hi @2baroos , the vet has checked for a UTI and she is healthy. I have tried thunder jackets with her and she tears it off with assistance from her companion. I'm afraid she will certainly remove anything we put on her, especially diapers. We're trying to discourage her from peeing in the crate at all. She used to sleep in a cardboard box that she loved and started to completely destroy it once the anxiety started, now she shreds her bedding and pees on it. I know how this must be really upsetting to her and am trying my best to take care of her.
  • Basenji Lover!!!

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views
    D
    Please contact the BRAT Admin staff at http://www.basenjirescue.org/asp/contactus.asp . Debbi J.
  • My Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    As mine age I try to keep a bit of weight on them because I know they may reach a stage when they just don't keep weight as the organs weaken.
  • Almost Basenji

    Member Introductions
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    11k Views
    M
    Keep us posted on what you find out. It's so exciting that we now know and I feel better equipped at meeting her needs.
  • Basenji in France

    Member Introductions
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    9k Views
    C
    Thank you all for your comments, went away for a few days on a beach a few hours away from home, and took photos;will have to learn to put them on the forum now. By tomorrow, some of mon petit monstre sera sur le forum. She loved the beach and spent hours playing and looking at the sea. What energy!! I was exhausted but she kept going and then fall asleep suddenly, not wanting to leave the soft sand bed. A real pleasure to have so much space and time to play!
  • Our first basenji

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    B
    Welcome, great dogs, great people, great information….great fun.:) Post some pics when you can;)