There is no way on earth I would return the pup to the breeder. In fact I'd be reporting her and the condition of her animals!
You would be in violation of contract and could be sued. That would have been your decision.
Having bred dogs, I know that the cost of actually getting the puppy back can be beyond what most breeders can afford to do. If I believed the pup would be harmed, as a breeder or owner, I'd do everything I could.
That said, having breeders I trust vouch for the breeder, I can only hope that the buyer sits down and seriously rethinks the truthfulness of their posts. The pup was returned, is in a new home, and I would hope if the buyer honestly evaluates their comments and realizes only suspicious not backed up with facts that they will do right and delete this entire thread.
I'm no ashamed or upset with posters... we go on what we are told. Should we assume everyone lies and not support them? In life, we usually don't get a fair 2-sided argument. But I am convinced this is not a byb, simply a puppy needing a more experienced home and owners being overwhelmed.
To those in this forum that continue to call us liars, please know we have emails and pictures that could prove our statements.
We posted here to get sound, reasonable help from people experienced with Basenjis, help that we were otherwise not receiving. We needed to make an informed decision as soon as possible for the goodness of this beautiful pup that we did not want to give up on. It is STILL heartbreaking.
Reading all of this is very upsetting but we are relieved to read that our pup has gone on to the home that we were told she would be re-homed to.
It was a horrible day and it broke our hearts that we were not allowed to say goodbye
“To those in this forum that continue to call us liars, please know we have emails and pictures that could prove our statements.”
As far a I can see through the posts, nobody called you a liar? Not really interested in your emails and pictures, throwing dirt at this point discredits you and is pointless.
“We posted here to get sound, reasonable help from people experienced with Basenjis, help that we were otherwise not receiving. We needed to make an informed decision as soon as possible for the goodness of this beautiful pup that we did not want to give up on. It is STILL heartbreaking.”
You were given good advice, you made the decision to return the pup, which I believe is the right decision. Yet you state you didn’t want to give up even though you decided to.
“It was a horrible day and it broke our hearts that we were not allowed to say goodbye”
So now you are saying that they took the pup unexpectedly after you knew they were taking the pup?
You seem to want to twist my words. Yes, I hardly think you want all the details of this ordeal. This has caused us great anguish, we never dreamed we would ever return a pup.
Of course we knew we were surrendering the pup. The day could have gone a lot smoother.
Again, we came here for help with our puppy. We never named the breeder, we needed advice from people experienced with this breed. We wanted to make an informed decision.
For those that think we were wrong to return to the breeder, we had a contract and never considered not honoring it. The pup needs to be settled and with an older dog (as per our trainer) and that is where we understand she is. Not in some shelter causing her fear.