Skip to content

Basenji Puppy bottom problem after bowel movement

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Sick Basenji

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I agree with Buddys Pal… if they didn't do either urinalysis or xray, I'd get them done. If you have a sick dog and the vet just sort of says "oh well, blood work looks okay".. may be time for a new vet. Something is obviously wrong.
  • 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    eeeefarmE
    My husband and my Basenji both snore. Stereo! :)
  • Is this a Basenji?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    27k Views
    ShannaniganS
    So many of those poses and positions are the same things I see Paco do. I'm also no expert, and Paco's my first dog that's mine-all-mine for me to watch all the time, but I feel like Tag's face is very Basenji-like…and if he yodels as well... if he doesn't have Basenji in him, I'd at least say you could describe him to others as a Basenji-like dog.
  • Basenji and food problem suggestions

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    starcentralS
    I will continue this topic in the FOOD FORUMS since likely this is not a health issue at this time: http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=7726&page=2 Thank you everyone for you comments, I am new here, and new to Basenji's so all the help is appreciated. The longer I keep little Benji confined, the more destruction he starts doing to the laundry room! :D
  • Icky problems

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    7k Views
    Ninabeana26N
    I hope the vet figures out what is wrong & that your baby girl recovers soon. You are a good mommy to be taking such good care of her :) She's a lucky pup. Thinking about you & her as she gets better!
  • Basenji with problems

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    14k Views
    QuercusQ
    @etzbseder: While I've got people looking at this, my B also has a minor umbilical hernia, I was wondering, how big of an issue is it, and should I get him fixed. Do the potential problems get overweighed by the benefits? That is usually not a big deal. The majority of Basenjis are born with umbilical hernias. Should you get him fixed? As in neutered? Yes. Should you get the hernia fixed? They could do it when they neuter him if it bothers you…but it isn't a health concern unless it is quite big.