Skip to content

harness vs. collar...

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Harnesses?

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    11k Views
    M
    After read these post i conclude the best harness is the leather ones. And i find 2 on her size. Still dont take to the street but looks secure and confort. [image: attachment_p_165068_0_laika-harness.jpg] [image: attachment_p_165068_1_maca-harness.jpg]
  • Cody vs the harnesses

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    crystalncodyC
    I asked her the same thing, wizard. She said he was just hanging out on the back porch while she was cooking. She glanced up at him every few minutes, but she thought he was grooming. He can be pretty sneaky about it, and I know that he can chew through one in no time.
  • Collars and harnesses

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    11k Views
    S
    http://www.woofandwag.com/servlet/the-1/Puppia-Dog-harness,/Detail I use a Puppia harness for Shelby. It's been a life saver since she does like to pull a bit. I can guide her much much easier. We don't leave home without it.
  • Wearing Collars

    Basenji Talk
    34
    0 Votes
    34 Posts
    22k Views
    BasenjiDivaB
    @Jarodkjv: Since someone is always home with the dogs a better choice may be the Playsafe collar, it is designed for daycare type settings. It won't open by itself but it has velcro tabs that can be pulled open easily even if the dogs are tangled up. The advantage would be that you could use it to hold them without worrying about it accidently opening. But it's not really designed to have a leash hooked to it so you would have to put a regular collar on them if you were going to take them out. That looks like a great alternative and I do think I'll give them a try. Although the dogs wear regular collars in the house, we always use martingales or sporn harnesses when we walk them. I found the website interesting and was fascinated by the dog cold weather gear. Don't need it here but it was still fascinating. Those of you who live where there is snow - Would your dogs really wear a long legged, full body snow suit? Check out the Arctic Fleeces. http://www.faithfulpetproducts.com/CoatsFloatsBoots.html Pat
  • Collar Help

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    etzbsederE
    Thanks for all the help. I got the martingale one for now. Maybe I'll get the hound collar later, but I figured I'd get the kind I already know and swear by.
  • Car harness

    Basenji Talk
    28
    0 Votes
    28 Posts
    25k Views
    C
    I tried a harness too but got too complicated to undo and my dog kept chewing it. Gave that up and she lies in a transport cage that takes all the back of my car. Had no choice after one seat belt has been dammaged as well as whatever was in the car!. When she is in her "car home", she just goes to sleep or sits up and looks at the road, cars and other things she would like to run after (the back of my car has a large rear window so, plenty to look at during a long journey). No room left in my car but a good solution for my Basenji, when I open the door of her "car home", she waits until I have put the leash on and then jumps out, well attached. If I take her with me in a friend's car, she sits on the back seat quietly BUT no way, can I leave her alone in that car, she would destroy everything and pee on the seats !(from past experience, not much fun for my friends)