No longer nameless… turns out she's a "Scout"!

• Or how about Swahili? Hunter=msasi (don't ask me how to pronounce it!) My girl "Sauti Tamu" had a Swahili name. (sweet melody or sweet voice)

• @tanza:

I am a bit confused by your comment on the other thread about her ear set…. from the picture above, they are not wide set?... Can't see her front feet so can't comment on them and markings.
    She is very cute looking. I would be interested to see her pedigree if you care to share.....

Oh! Well, I am not intimately familiar with the standard, so you are certainly a far better judge there than me. Her breeder chose to filter her out as a breeding prospect mainly because she's a little downhill on her topline from hip to shoulder (she was a stud fee pick who ended up not turning out). Cosmetically she was of the opinion that her ears were a little big/wide to be ideal. Also her markings aren't crisp under her armpits and the way the tan bleeds/wraps around gives the illusion of her front angles looking steep.
    Thanks for the nice words! She's from Sarah at Nocturnal, by their Nocturnal's Prince Cairo (I can't figure out how to link his pedigree from the database), out of an outside bitch whose name I am currently blanking on.

@eeeefarm–we love "Sting", and "Mighty"!

• Pass along her dam's registered name when you find/remember it…. thanks

• My vet had a Greyhound named Cheetah, good name for a stealthy, fast hunter. Maybe Puma?
    -Joanne

• how about Naomi…kind of a play on "no name" but is powerful, spunky and unique.

• Well, we are still in the provisional voting phase, but I think we may have settled on "Scout". 🙂
    Though I do like " Cheetah"! I'll have to keep these all on deck for future reference ;0)

@Pat–sure thing!

• @mixie:

Well, we are still in the provisional voting phase, but I think we may have settled on "Scout". 🙂
    Though I do like " Cheetah"! I'll have to keep these all on deck for future reference ;0)

@Pat–sure thing!

how nice. my cousin adopted a dog named Scout. As her favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird, i thought it was fated to be.

• Whatever you name her, make sure it's easy to yell out the back door! 😉
    -Joanne

• Like giza said….easy to yell out.

my puppy's name rolls off the tongue; instead of "stop it!" I end up saying her name 'Bop-it'. Works out.

Scout's a cute name; and it sounds like you've settled on it.

The names Cumbia, Mach, Blitz, Wildone, and Opus were some of the names on my old puppy list.

• Peanut!!!!

• You said you were smitten with her earlier. Why not call her that? Smitten?

• @vickilb:

Peanut!!!!

Ha! That was one of my nicknames as a kid, and now one of my old besties calls her new baby Peanut 🙂

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! Scout does seem to have stuck. Now I'm debating whether she should be "Nocturnal's Gold Award Girl Scout" or "Nocturnal's Sin t'Kill a Mockingbird" or "Nocturnal's Miss Jean Louise" or a deeper TKM cut like "Nocturnal's Pass the Dann Ham Please"!

@Pat/tanza, her dam appears to be an unremarkable canine named Brooke's Butterfinger Candy =).

She is turning out to be a world of fun. Really getting me to think on my feet. I'm still trying to avoid formal "training" for another couple weeks, but it's hard not to reward offered behaviors and she's already come up with a few clever "stupid pet tricks" of her own! ;0)

Here's a pile of photos–we love her so very much! (PS: Please don't be alarmed about the chain in the first photo, we don't tie our dogs out. I was just doing outdoor chores and needed to ensure there were no food squabbles while we practiced everyone chewing their own bones in their own designated areas.) Also throwing in one of my old man, too, just because he's feeling a little left out of the training fun, poor fella.
    attachment_p_171583_0_scout-noms-m.jpg
    attachment_p_171583_1_scout-5-mos-m.jpg
    attachment_p_171583_2_scout-and-simon-3m.jpg
    attachment_p_171583_3_scout-on-rock-5-mos-m.jpg
    attachment_p_171583_4_scout-side-stand-m.jpg
    attachment_p_171583_5_scout-sit-profile-m.jpg
    attachment_p_171583_6_scout-smile-m.jpg
    attachment_p_171583_7_simon-june-2014-face-m.jpg

• beautiful photos

• She is adorable! Scout is a great name, easy to "yell out the back door"!

• Thanks on all counts! "Scout" seems just right. She is certainly an explorer. And I am clearly biased, but I think she's pretty cute myself ;0). She is fun to shoot. I love the "details" on her–like the black inner ear tips. And I can't get enough of that tiny smirk!

Blitz is great! I'm keeping Mighty, Puma, Rizzo, Radar and Zoom-Zoom in my pocket ;0)

• Whatever you name her, she is a cutie!

• Soooo cute, should give a name..

Suggested Topics