Looking for good breeder in OK/KS/TX general area

• I have been searching, emailing, texting and calling breeders for months now with no luck.
    The only responders with pups are the BYB folks… two in Houston area alone!

I feel so defeated! 😞

I am told I am on a waiting list for Meisterhaus and a maybe for one of Dyan Bauhman's pups but it seems like that will be a no since she only had 3 and people ahead of me. Any suggestions on GOOD breeders that do have pups within a day's drive of Oklahoma City? (Or willing to ship if need-be)

Our ideal situation is a brother-sister pair but two separate families is okay. No breeding or conformation showing, but possible agility-type showing in the future. Hubby wants a brindle male and I want a red female.

• All of my pups are from Linda Ehlers of Jerlin basenjis, but i don't know if she bred anything this year. She's in MO, not too far from Kansas City.
    Otherwise, have you tried the BCOA webpage?

• Maybe Tad or Dyann can give you a recommendation for someone else. Many breeders will travel to the Indianapolis show in a couple weeks and Louisville next month, so you could probably get a puppy transferred there from an Ohio breeder. Try Kyle Cabrell or Sue Kite as they would be at both those shows. Unfortunately a lot of people I know bred , but it did not take this yr. I will have two Meisterhaua litters next yr if you want to wait. I'm sure Tad would get you on the waiting list for next yr. I would love to have some of my pups do agility.

• Thanks Lisa.
    I think we end up having to wait until next year, but start getting our name on lists now. 🙂
    My husband has his heart set on a brindle male and I know they are harder to come by.

@lisastewart:

Maybe Tad or Dyann can give you a recommendation for someone else. Many breeders will travel to the Indianapolis show in a couple weeks and Louisville next month, so you could probably get a puppy transferred there from an Ohio breeder. Try Kyle Cabrell or Sue Kite as they would be at both those shows. Unfortunately a lot of people I know bred , but it did not take this yr. I will have two Meisterhaua litters next yr if you want to wait. I'm sure Tad would get you on the waiting list for next yr. I would love to have some of my pups do agility.

• Sue Kite has a pet black puppy, I think still available (Klassic Basenjis). I will also just put this out there, littermates do not always make the best placements… not always a fact, but pretty much a rule of thumb. Keep in mind that littermates have been competing with each other since before birth.... so there is usually always some aggression there. So you really have to make sure of the temperaments before hand.

• Robyn Dubbert (Sherwood basenjis) in Atlanta has 2 litters, not sure if all are spoken for. I think they are 6 or 7 weeks old now. A little further to drive thatn you want, though.

• Thanks Mac. I messaged Sherwood a few days ago but haven't heard anything back yet. Keeping hopes up.
    @MacPack:

Robyn Dubbert (Sherwood basenjis) in Atlanta has 2 litters, not sure if all are spoken for. I think they are 6 or 7 weeks old now. A little further to drive thatn you want, though.

• You might want to call her along with email…. but she doesn't have any Brindles, that I do know

• Have you checked breeders on the BCOA-Basenji Club of America website?

Jennifer

Suggested Topics