Skip to content

Which dog bed did you buy?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Dog does what I tell him!

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    BarklessdogB
    No, but I did laugh and praise him.
  • Buying online health products for dogs

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    KipawaK
    @tanza: I can tell you that the cost in California (Bay Area) for what you describe as being done would have been just as much. Why am I not surprised. West coast living, be it in the U.S. or Canada is extremely costly. However, it has never stopped us from taking proper care when our animals have needed vet care. I should just remind myself that this bill was nothing compared to the bill for a sick parrot. Those can run around $1400.00, and we have had to do that a couple of times, but gladly, based on having one of the best avian vets in North America here.
  • Dogs diedfrom dog treats

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    D
    If the dogs are having similar symptoms as in the previous years, they need to be treated ASAP! It is my understanding that many are developing the acquired Fanconi Syndrome and need to be put on the protocol. Many vets though do not have the equipment to do the venous blood gas test and get an accurate diagnosis. Emergency vets should have the equipment. Do not buy any dog treats that come from China and if the package does not state where it is from then do not buy it! Jennifer
  • Dog Beds

    Basenji Talk
    25
    0 Votes
    25 Posts
    19k Views
    snorky998S
    Thanks Humanoid. I L'dMAO. Great idea with the home made wood bed. I still can't praise the Duluth Trading Company beds enough. Katie proof (a bed digger), and Tyler proof (exposed stuffing of any kind is fair game). 6 years and the bed is still in use. Washable outside and re-stuffable inside pillow (inside only replaced once due to a basenji/skunk incident) After 5 or 6 dog beds, this one is a keeper for me.
  • Dog Charm

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    BarklessdogB
    i bought my wife a nice basenji charm several years ago. It was pretty nice. I had to order it as most dog places/stores/gifts (unless at a dog show) do not carry basenji stuff.
  • New dog???

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    QuercusQ
    The only thing I would be concerned about with a Dachshund would be the possiblity of it having some back damage with the rough play of a basenji…or even trying to do the same acrobatics that Bs do. I have known some folks who had a lot of problems with disk and spine problems with Doxies...but I don't know if that is typical. Something to think about though...