Skip to content

It's been a long time since I've been here.

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • It's time!

    Basenji Talk
    25
    0 Votes
    25 Posts
    13k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    A lot of research shows that dogs develop male hormone driven behavior well before a year, and that neutering after the behavior will not stop them. But the decrease in hormones will help making training those behaviors far easier, so early or late, you can usually get a bump in decreasing unwanted behaviors. Glad all is well.
  • 2 B's or NOT 2 B's…. That is the question!!!!

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    9k Views
    dmeyD
    I'm afraid If I do decide to get another I won't have a chance to introduce them beforehand as it Will probably be a puppy I bring from the US.. I doubt there will be a problem since she will be a young puppy…
  • Happy Birthday Sherwood's Time Litter!

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Happy birthday to the Time litter
  • 0 Votes
    35 Posts
    15k Views
    renaultf1R
    @noodle: Mmmmmm…the smell of singeing dog fur - I know it well! :D Mine sit so close to the small fan heater in my bedroom, it makes their whiskers go curly! :rolleyes: The basenji my brother had when I was in high school would sleep UNDER our Franklin woodstove in the basement - Franklin stoves have higher legs than regular woodstoves. When Zeke would come out for water, you couldn't touch him as his fur would burn your hand. :eek:
  • She's A Lady

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    My pup never bothered hers much and I didn't even use a spray deterent. (Of course she got used to wearing coats in the winter so maybe that helped.)
  • It's raining.. it's pouring.. my lovely morning.

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Lol, they are major heat slugs when it cold/wet aren't they!?