Skip to content

I've discovered the reason that Basenjis like to unstuff furniture!!!

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Bikin' Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views
    MDSPHOTOM
    Love it! I would not even dream of putting Dolce on the back of my bike. Firstly she hates when any wind blows in her face and freaks out when the windows are down in the car. Second, she is such a squirmer I fear she would wiggle herself right off the bike.
  • Mismarked Basenji's

    Basenji Talk
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    24k Views
    MrBaRooampBittyM
    Hi Vickayx, First let me say Dolce looks adorable. Her white face only makes her look distinguishd. As far as I can determine the only thing mentioned in Basenji Standards is that white should not predominate for her overall appearance and from what you have written you really dont seem to be planning on showing anyway. Years ago I bred Rodesians to show but as I got older I decided that what I wanted most was a little snuggle bug and went to rescue B's. spacicfically those who had had a hard life before me. We now have 2 four legged children who are always rooing to show how happy they are. Enjoy your new baby and remember to try and not let her know she is smarted.
  • No Basenji's at Discover Dogs

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    P
    Jess - why don't you put a proposal to each of the individual clubs that they take a Discover Dogs stand. There are new people in the breed now who may be more interested. Also I do know that some of the breeds at DD this year had asked for double stands precisely to give space so that dogs could be rested without being crowded in. It wasn't a case of tired dogs biting but as you know Basenjis object to having strangers pushing into their faces. There are plenty of other breeds who would also object to this. After all I'm sure that nobody would put a dog of bad temperament on the stand. That wouldn't do the breed any good!! I remember one Crufts when one of the basenjis went for the judge and headlines were 'Biting Basenji'!! You can imagine the uproar and the disservice it did to the breed! I'm not sure who would ascertain that the information would be accurate though. I do know that some of the info on the club websites is incorrect!!!
  • Who's Basenjis' actually howl/yodel?

    Basenji Talk
    35
    0 Votes
    35 Posts
    23k Views
    RockysWomanR
    Rocky yodels… like these dogs do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iTlEwTOzm0 Especially when we come home. Complete with the "lightswitch" tail flick and happy feet dance!
  • Basenji Traits Your Basenji Doesn't Have…

    Basenji Talk
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    34k Views
    M
    My Rue is pretty perfect. She is mixed with something (I don't know what) so she doesn't look like a real B… and she isn't interested in anything in our house (chewing wise), doesn't bolt out the door, and licks like CRAZY! She also doesn't really like to play with other dogs at the dog park, she just smells them, occasionally chases them, then comes back and lays down by me (EXERCISE DANG IT!). The only normal B behaviors that I see in her are the little noises that she makes (she makes a lot of them for different reasons) and her BAROOOOOOO (which is fitting because we named her Rue before we even knew she was a Basenji) and it seems like she is stubborn about sitting. It's like she is saying, "yeah I know you want me to sit, but first I'm gonna spin around in a circle. Then maybe I'll sit if I feel like it." Haha! She is a character!
  • Does your basenji like tea bags?

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    Y
    @Basenji_Boy: Mine usually like to roll on my bath towel after I shower:eek: ….. that's right after they roll on my smelly socks and work shoes:eek: . But yet they always smell so good............strange.:D :D :D Ha ha thats my basenjis youre talking about!!! Sometimes I'm not even finished with the towel myself before they steal it away and roll all over it. :)