Hello all, I am probably going to answer my question myself, but wanted input anyway. We have a deposit on our little guy and are scheduled to pick him up in two weeks (Feb 4). I would take him now, but he is too young (6 weeks). The bad timing in my title is because my husband has a triathlon two weeks after that. I've contacted the breeder and am waiting for a reply asking if she would keep our little guy a couple weeks longer. I don't see it as an issue because from what I've read in other posts, that would be a better time to release the pups, he would be 10 1/2 weeks at at that time. If we end up taking him before the triathlon, wouldn't that be too traumatic to introduce him to a new home followed by a weekend trip (he would come with, of course)? I really don't see it as a problem, the breeder keeping him longer. She loves her pups and socializes them very well. I just want what is best for our guy. The waiting part is getting harder, but worth it, is what I keep reminding myself!
(p.s. I have checked into the medical history of the parents, both are listed on OFA and check out clear)