Skip to content

New puppy people and breeders

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Is my new puppy part Basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    9k Views
    D
    She's very cute. Congratulations. Keep in mind that Basenjis are not that common, which means a Basenji mix would not be that common. That said, the down ears don't necessarily mean anything unless they're never up, and the ears are up in the other shot. So it's possible. The markings are definitely right. As suggested, if you really want to know a DNA test will be a lot better than guesses.
  • Need Advice on Introducing a new Basenji Puppy!

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    11k Views
    I
    Thanks everyone for sharing your experience! Saturday Feb. 14th 2015, we brought home an 8 weeks old puppy: Pix. Alf who is 2 years old was really great at introducing himself to the puppy. 4 days later, he litteraly is educating Pix, teaching him good manners and snipping him gently from time to time. I wasn't sure if all the noise was normal, but I for sure know that Alf never really hurts the puppy. He never had any troubles with any dogs, and I think Pix is probably a really good actor :)
  • New Puppy Books

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    NemoN
    Thanks for the suggestions. I might get them both. :)
  • New puppy

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    rnastoR
    I would suggest waiting until you get the little guy. Indi didn't have a name for abut 2 days. We had all these names in mind and none of them fit. Thats my two cents anyway (oh ya and because we did that I have a cool costume for him on haloween but I don't think I am going to get any cooperation on his end)
  • New Game

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    J
    Hollie would simply chew up the plastic bottle to get to the treats. She has done this with EMPTY bottles. That's my B!
  • New Puppy In A Few Hrs

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    red and white fureverR
    Congrats Vanessa!!! It's such an exciting time when you finally get to bring your baby home! Hooray for you!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!