Skip to content

Basenji in hurst texas

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Is she a basenji ?

    Basenji Talk
    50
    4 Votes
    50 Posts
    29k Views
    KembeK
    Looks can be so deceiving- here is an article of a woman who adopted a rescue dog in N.J. Dog looks like a basenji - even her vet thought it might be basenji. She did an Embark DNA test - no basenji. Turned out the dog was a mixture of Mountain Cur, Rat Terrier, Beagle, and Boston Terrier. link text
  • My Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    6k Views
    krunzerK
    ….is a wingnut, but can spot a squirrel a mile away.
  • Basenji Song-Moon Over Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Oh Barklessdog, you are a brave person. I must now stand with you in insane-solidarity and admit I bought it too. It is awful but when you get the line "we couldn't say goodbye so we took him home" part, you know you got to help support the woman. lol
  • Is she a basenji

    Basenji Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    22k Views
    W
    lol usually when you breed a bigger dog to a smaller dog the Male is the tiny one. Its just dangerous to do it the other way around. As far as DNA breed testing I would go for it if I could. But i am just interested in those kinds of tests. We offer them at our clinic but i haven't ever seen results for them.
  • Basenjis and heat (in texas)

    Basenji Talk
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    12k Views
    nobarkusN
    @LeeL: We live in NC which is a little cooler, but I have seen my basenjis laying in the sun when it is 100F or when it is 40F. We can't leave them in the house all day due to destruction, but a laundry room they can go into with a dog door as well as a seperate room in the garage with a dog door. Plus we have a table with umbrealla on teh deck and they will move between full sun and any of those areas when they feel like it. Even when we are home all day they alternate between inside and outside in teh sun. I have the same setup. I keep Buddy, 8 months old outside with the dog door blocked as he would be destructive inside while the weather is mild. Come winter I will have to just let him have access to the laundry room only as that's where the dog door enters and keep the laundry room door to the rest of the house closed. There's also a door going into the garage.
  • Is this a basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    37
    0 Votes
    37 Posts
    26k Views
    DukeD
    @phoenix3: Looks like a B to me but i think more of a B mix he looks like he has corse hair Maybe be has the size of a cattledog body and a basenji head :) My Aspen is a cattledog/ terrier mix he has the body of a cattledog {the colors} and the height and face of a terrier heres a pic so u can see the colors of the cattledog well one color anyways :D :D phoenix3 - this is Aspen? I'm so amazed at her spots, because my Daisy has spots like Aspens. We know her mother is pure R/W Basenji and she is thought her other half Beagle. One of her other litter mate moms thought Blue Healer (cattledog). But I subscribed to the Beagle. Daisy could be … Cattle Dog I suppose. She's bigger than Duke now at almost 9 months old. I will show her off soon on "Show Off" forum soon.