Skip to content

My Basenji boy made it on PAWESOME!!! www.pawesome.net

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • basenji

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    9k Views
    ZandeZ
    Last I heard, the Breed Club secretaries had more people waiting or wanting pups than were available . You could get on a list for a Basenji next winter but I very much doubt you will find one still unsold. Go to the website of the BCGB, or the Northern Basenji Society as you are in the North and you will find email addresses of the secretaries. They will put you in touch with breeders who may be planning a litter for puppies to become ready to leave the nest in about a year's time. Its a long wait I know, but you have most probably missed the boat for now. You are welcome to post me privately. Good luck!
  • Is this a Basenji??

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    18k Views
    G
    My Basenji Billy is quite undershot; he's a purebred, his bottom jaw just didn't stop growing when it was supposed to. That's okay, I'm a bit of a sucker for a dog with an underbite anyway.:) He was my first rescue Basenji.
  • Could she be a basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    23k Views
    W
    @Thana: she does have basenji characteristics then apart from her colours and looks.- i also think she must have some basenji blood! She is lovely and lucky no matter what! adorable little face:))))) Having read about the characteristics I think she does. The lady with the basenji that we met also commented on some of the things she was doing as "very basenji" (eg. standing on her back legs so she could see what was going on). Has a lovely wrinkly forehead too. Got very frustrated with me earlier and did her funny bark, more of a wierd howl really. She is def one of a kind. Its a shame we have to have her spayed (not that I could ever justify letting her have a litter).
  • Basenji Traits Your Basenji Doesn't Have…

    Basenji Talk
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    34k Views
    M
    My Rue is pretty perfect. She is mixed with something (I don't know what) so she doesn't look like a real B… and she isn't interested in anything in our house (chewing wise), doesn't bolt out the door, and licks like CRAZY! She also doesn't really like to play with other dogs at the dog park, she just smells them, occasionally chases them, then comes back and lays down by me (EXERCISE DANG IT!). The only normal B behaviors that I see in her are the little noises that she makes (she makes a lot of them for different reasons) and her BAROOOOOOO (which is fitting because we named her Rue before we even knew she was a Basenji) and it seems like she is stubborn about sitting. It's like she is saying, "yeah I know you want me to sit, but first I'm gonna spin around in a circle. Then maybe I'll sit if I feel like it." Haha! She is a character!
  • Basenji road trip - oh boy.

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    bethp14B
    Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions! I read about the poo in the console too, yucky! There will be 4 of us and the 2 dogs, so hopefully we can keep them out of trouble. :eek:
  • Collars made for Basenjis

    Basenji Talk
    42
    0 Votes
    42 Posts
    22k Views
    lauralopezL
    Is this Nick Russell of MastersPride? If so, we have a leather collar that does not slip down the neck and works well with them pulling. I put it high on the neck and Talker and Savannah will stop. But these collars that you posted the pixs looks really nice. Do you have the website?