Kipawa nipped both of Darrel's main care workers in the last 3 days. Both times he lightly broke skin. Here is what happened:
- both times he was laying in the sun right near our kitchen table where I sit
- both times I was not around him, once I was watching TV in the living room and the other time I was showering
- only once did it seem he was asleep
- both times the care workers were either bringing food to the table or were taking away plates
- both care workers got bit in the same general area of the leg, around the ankle
- both care workers wear baggier pants
The oddity is that he LOVES the care worker that got nipped today. She gives him massages in the morning, sings to him and she loves to pet him while she works. He also is very affectionate with him.
- Is Kipawa 'protecting' my area of the kitchen where I sit at the kitchen table?
- Is he thinking that food is being kept away from him? I doubt this because both times he was quietly laying down, wasn't the least bit interested if there was food around or not.
I know that basenjis can 'spook', but I know I have to get a handle on this FAST, because these are my husband's two primary care workers. Also, should I get any medical tests done? Thyroid? He just had a full panel of blood work done before being neutered on August 11th.
I will be away this weekend and will be taking Kipawa with me, otherwise I would book an appointment with a behaviorist. I'll do that when I get back.
I really appreciate your comments. Kipawa means the world to me.