• Here are some new updated photo on my rescue pup Kentucky. He is about 25 pounds at 9 months and a ball of joy. He is so smart and has learned so quickly. I can not explain how much happiness he has brought to our life and I hope we have brought to his!
    attachment_t_11873_0_carrides.jpg
    attachment_t_11873_1_headtilt.jpg
    attachment_t_11873_2_kentucky.jpg
    attachment_t_11873_3_prettyboy.jpg
    attachment_t_11873_4_puppy-love2.jpg

• That last picture is so adorable! Looks like he has a great disposition.

• Thank you for posting the pictures - he looks a bundle of fun.

• He is very cute 🙂

• SOOOOOOOO cute!

• Thanks everyone. He really is amazing. I lucked out with this little man! Kentucky is very special. So calm and well behaved… although I am still waiting for him to come out of his shell a little bit!

I am taking him camping this weekend with 40 of my family and 6 other dogs so I will post some more pictures after.

I hope to one day get a pure basenji to add to our little family and keep Kentucky company!

• Your little guy sure looks like a charmer! Hope your weekend goes well and is enjoyed by all. Have fun! 🙂

• I can't wait to see the new photos. I am delighted he has brought so much joy to you.

• great pics - i love that last one.

• Looks like Kentucky is a happy dog - love those pictures.

• Is he half boxer? Was this the boxer/basenji named Kent? He's beautiful.

• Mattymo - yes this is the Kent that you are thinking of. Now named Kentucky Joe. How do you know of him? I am not sure if he is actually half boxer or not. I am thinking he might be Basenji/Lab mix. It is hard to tell though. Thanks you for the kind comments!

• He is darling, looks very sweet. Thank you for adopting him!

• @KMac:

Mattymo - yes this is the Kent that you are thinking of. Now named Kentucky Joe. How do you know of him? I am not sure if he is actually half boxer or not. I am thinking he might be Basenji/Lab mix. It is hard to tell though. Thanks you for the kind comments!

My brother in law was looking for a rescue dog and we saw this one on petfinder. He inquired, but then realized the dog might get to big. They wanted something no bigger than 25 pounds. I'm assuming Kentucky might get up to 40 lbs.

I tried convincing him to get a basenji since we have one but he ended up getting a puggle. = )

• Mattymo… I am thinking that Kentucky will get about 35 - 40 pounds. He is about 30 right now. when I got him he was only 21 pounds and so under weight. Poor little man. But he is doing amazing and is the perfect fit for us.

Where abouts are you in Ontario? I am always looking for people to get together with Basenji's. Although mine is a mix. I just adore the breed.

As for adopting... I don't think I would do it any other way anymore. I feel extremely lucky to have him and he seems very happy. It just amazes me that someone didn't want this gentle soul in their life. I feel that we were meant to be in eachothers lives.

• Kentucky is a beautiful dog. I remember seeing his picture online. We were trying so hard for my brother in law to adopt him but he didn't want anything bigger than 25 lbs.

However, I'm glad he found a good home. I live in Toronto. How about yourself?

• I live in Whitby. Very close. I have never met a full Basenji in person before. Although Kentucky is pretty close in personality to one hahah

Suggested Topics