Skip to content

Age of a puppy

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • New puppy?

    Moved Member Introductions
    16
    1 Votes
    16 Posts
    6k Views
    KembeK
    @kylo I live in Western, MA - Chicopee
  • Desperate for a basenji puppy

    Member Introductions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Make sure you tell breeders that he'll be home. :) List, no list, breeders want the best homes and that certainly would bump you up on my list!
  • New to Basenji's and puppies!

    Member Introductions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    M
    I welcome you also. Puppies are so adorable. Just remember a quiet Basenji is not necessarily a good thing. After all these years I still forget that one.
  • Help with Puppy

    Member Introductions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    how long have you had him? Biting can take months to curb! Its really a matter of consistency and patience, i know it is hard!! I would highly recommend finding a good behaviourist in your area to teach you the neccessary tools to get him to be a confident great dog
  • New puppy

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Welcome to the forum, please tell us more about your Pup, maybe a pic ;) We have a 16 week old Pup called Malaika.
  • Puppy socialization

    Member Introductions
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    12k Views
    mriddochM
    @lvoss: I PM'd you with contact information for Asil's Walkabout by ElDorado's breeder. I really urge you to contact her about the history of the dog. It is good that you are doing the research now so you can get a puppy that you will enjoy for a long time to come from a breeder who will be there to support you through all the ups and downs of basenji ownership. There are many resources availalbe through this forum to help you find a responsibly bred puppy. I e mailed her after I got your IM. Hope to hear back from her in the next day or so.