Skip to content

Basenji puppy on the way!

Member Introductions
  • Congrats on the pup, good luck and welcome to the forum.

    Pics, we just love puppy pics.;)

  • Welcome! And what fun you have coming! We use wire crates at home, and vari kennels in the car. Ours don't seem to have a preference.

  • Welcome! The "fun and active" part will be good for having a basenji pup! I have the vari Kennel, but I agree with the "view" part with the wire type.
    This forum is great for information, fun and support. Enjoy…and yes, we love pictures! Can't wait to see your pups!

  • i use a large vari kennel at home and a medium one for traveling. congrats on the new pup! who is your breeder? are you showing? i am sure you will like this place. there are some very smart basenji owners and breeders here who will bestow their wisdom upon you. (trust me, you will need some! to keep from pulling your hair out) good luck :)

  • Welcome!!! And congrats on your new furbaby!! :) you'll like it here & do share pics when your little one arrives.

    We use wire crates at home & the vari Kennel for long drives in the car.

  • Welcome and I can't wait to see puppy pictures. Waiting is the hardest part but enjoy the sleep you have now…Puppies LOVE to keep you awake ;)

  • Thanks for the advice! I think we'll give the Vari-Kennel a try. Our breeder is Katie Campbell. We are pretty sure we will just get a pet, but I've been becoming increasingly interested in showing. If our little guy has any show potential, we may try it. If not, we are thrilled with a beautiful pet.

  • <<our breeder="" is="" katie="" campbell.="">>

    Yay! Katie is one of our breeders as well. The basenji in the avatar is Ch Taji's Closing Bell at Quercus JC…or Bella! I am sure you will LOVE your Taji basenji! You must be getting a Chloe puppy :) Fun, fun, fun!</our>

  • Yes, we are getting a Chloe/Rev pup. We are soo excited, but Katie has been busy with 2 litters, so we haven't seen pictures as of yet. She has told us that they are all extremely healthy and are all very distinct. We are hoping to get a B/W male.
    Katie is a fantastic breeder, and we're glad we found her.
    Have a great day!:)

  • fender has lots of taji dogs in his pedigree! i have seen katie at shows, her dogs are beautiful Especially the black and whites!!!!! :) lucky you

Suggested Topics

  • 3 Votes
    20 Posts
    7k Views
    T
    Judging from what being said. I would say things are on hold until next year! But Good Luck All The Same x
  • Benji the Basenji

    Member Introductions
    12
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    ZandeZ
    @tanza said in Benji the Basenji: It is important to know the health of the pup and/or their sire/dam Well said ! It may not seem important now - you can say you will never show or need to register your Basenji - but in a few year's time you may find you wish you had known the health test results of the parents. By constant checking and careful breeding, many lines have obviated the most devastating scourges, but they are still around. Better to know for sure if your puppy is tested and imperative to make certain his or her parents were.
  • Getting a Basenji puppy in 4 weeks

    Member Introductions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    Puppies at 8wks are usually evaluated for conformation. They should follow the written standard as at 8wks you should be looking at a mini verison of a mature adult
  • Waiting on My Puppy!

    Member Introductions
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    8k Views
    snorky998S
    Welcome to you and Cleo. I hope you have many happy and fun filled years together. I can't wait for the pictures!!
  • Between Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    nala121498N
    I'm sorry for the loss of your dear Basenjis. Losing a pet is so difficult. I hope this site helps you through the transition. Welcome.