• Hi–My name is Maria Raper. Penny was our "first child", before two children, now 10 and 12. After a wonderful life of 15 years, she quietly passed away in January. We miss her terribly and are ready to begin a new family with one or two basenjis, either puppies or young adults. If any of you know of available basenjis (we are already talking with Signet Kennels in Ft. Worth), please let us know. We look forward to hearing from you and reading the posts!

• Please look at the rescue/ homes needed section, I think there are a pair of 'ladies' needing a home.
    Welcome, I hope you find your new family soon!

• Welcome to the forum! Sorry for your loss of Penny. There are plenty of Basenjis needing rescue, please consider that as an option.

• @Maria:

Hi–My name is Maria Raper. Penny was our "first child", before two children, now 10 and 12. After a wonderful life of 15 years, she quietly passed away in January. We miss her terribly and are ready to begin a new family with one or two basenjis, either puppies or young adults. If any of you know of available basenjis (we are already talking with Signet Kennels in Ft. Worth), please let us know. We look forward to hearing from you and reading the posts!

Can't go wrong with a Basenji from Brenda (Signet Basenjis)

• And if you are interested, also rescues:
    http://www.basenjirescue.org/DOGS/default.htm (many available, here are 2 in Tx)
    Texas
    CB 4-year-old tricolor male
    Sugar 9-year-old red & white female

• Brenda has adults also that she has taken back from buyers

• Houston

Maria…welcome on board. I am so so sorry to hear of your loss, I know how empty and sad it is to loose a "furchild" after such a long life together.
    I hope you will find your new babies, whether puppies or adults soon.

I have heard nothing but lovely things about Brenda and her pack..maybe a visit would be nice..
    I also know BRAT is inundated right now by dogs, especially in TX..but regardless of where you are, if you find another dog through BRAT that matches you and yours better..they will more than likely try to accommodate you.

Good Luck and keep us posted..

• There is also puppies available at Sherwood Basenjis - a little farther away but still a possibility. 😃

• Since it has been awhile since you obtained your first Basenji, please research any breeder you are considering and make sure they do health testing, especially the Fanconi DNA test for both the puppy and the parents. There are several breeders in TX that do not. Signet Kennels is a reputable and responsible breeder who does health testing.

Jennifer

• @dcmclcm4:

Since it has been awhile since you obtained your first Basenji, please research any breeder you are considering and make sure they do health testing, especially the Fanconi DNA test for both the puppy and the parents. There are several breeders in TX that do not. Signet Kennels is a reputable and responsible breeder who does health testing.

Jennifer

As is Sherwood Basenjis… Robyn Dubbert that was mentioned as still having puppies

• Welcome to the forum - I do hope you find just the right Basenji for you soon. You must miss Penny - it's very hard to lose a loved old one..

• Thanks to all of you for your responses and kindness. We have found a female basenji rescue pup and are still tryiing to locate a male basenji rescue pup. If this doesn't pan out, we're in contact with Brenda at Signet–she has been very helpful.

So, does anyone know of a male rescue basenji around 4-6 months old that is available?

Maria

• Houston

Signet has very good sweet dogs, I just got my new boy from them about 2 months ago, he is a very pretty sweet dog. And owners were very nice and knowledgeable

• We have adopted two rescue dogs from the Basenji Rescue Group here in Austin. They are working out wonderfully.

• So nice to hear that 2 more basenjis have found forever homes. 🙂

Suggested Topics