He still needs a call name…. so far we have tried kasey... bogey... ice cube (puppys opinion) nico... carter... dash... ringo... luna.. his registered name is Jumoke Baru's Mr. Moonlight!
Why Kasey (I like it!)
Luna is a girl's name in my mind
Bruce (from Moonlighting..I know a stretch)
how about something in an African language for moon, or moonlight?
1. BADR (بدر): Arabic unisex name meaning "full moon."
2. CHANDRA (চন্দ্র): Hindi unisex name meaning "moon." In mythology, this is the name of a lunar and fertility god.
3. MEZTLI: Nahuatl unisex name meaning "moon."
YUE (月): Chinese unisex name meaning "moon."
1. AKU: Babylonian myth name of a god of the moon, meaning "moon." Compare with another form of Aku.
2. BADRU: Egyptian name meaning "born during the full moon."
3. CHANDER: Variant spelling of Hindi Chandra, meaning "moon."
4. CHANDRAKANT (चन्द्रकान्त): Hindi name composed of the elements chandra "moon" and kanta "beloved," hence "moon lover." In mythology, this is the name of the moonstone that was created by moonlight.
5. IAH: Egyptian name meaning "moon." In mythology, this is the name of a god of the moon.
6. KORAY: Turkish name meaning "ember moon."
7. MARAMA: Polynesian myth name of a moon god, meaning "moon."
8. NANNA: Sumerian name meaning "illuminator." In mythology, this is the name of a god of the moon and son of Enlil. The crescent (or cup, receptacle) is his symbol. He is also known by the name Sin "wisdom." Compare with feminine Nanna.
9. PULAN: Chamoru name meaning "moon."
10. RAMACHANDER: Variant spelling of Hindi Ramachandra, meaning "Rama-moon."
11. RAMACHANDRA (रामचन्द्र): Hindi name composed of the name of the god Rama and the Sanskrit element candra "moon," hence "Rama-moon."
12. SIN: Sumerian name meaning "wisdom." In mythology, this is the name of a god of the moon and son of Enlil. The crescent (or cup, receptacle?) is his symbol. He is also known by the name Nanna ("illuminator").
I'm REALLY fond of a Basenji named Sin. LOL
Aku and Chander are my other votes.
A pup I placed this fall has the call name "Sinister" he ends up being called Sin, I love the name. He is such a sweet boy it makes the name funny. His registered name is FoPaw's The Third Man "Sinister" the litter is themed for film noir, we called them the evil litter. The other two pups are FoPaw's Touch of Evil at Saorsa "Regan" (yes as in the exorcist) and FoPaw's Desert Fury "Rage".
I love playing with names, there are so any great ideas. We also have a Luna, her registered name is Moon Pie. Good luck with names, its always so hard to settle on something.
Never name a dog something you don't want it to live up to. :p
Tell me about that…I already have 2 that have done that. One is "The Chosen One" - huge attitude :rolleyes: and one is named after a screaming rock & roll singer - you can imagine that one.
What a handsome boy - i love the 2nd picture where he looks as though he's stalking prey.
Sin was an early well-known kennel name here. It belonged to Diana Berry who later bred Ibizans under the same affix. I loved her Basenjis and her ethics as she was one of the early breeders who refused to cull the creams and also bred 'blue tris' despite them not being to the KC standard. But then, I too am a rebel!! I do hope you choose Sin.
very cute baby!
true story - Jet the trying's real name is Jerlin's Saint or Sinner (there are some other letters before and aft his name that he wasn't born with, but that has nothing to do with this story). Linda, his breeder, was calling him "Saint". I told her we'd have to change his name as I couldn't call a basenji "Saint". She pointed out that I could call him "Sinner" based on his registered name. I replied, in semi-mock horror, "Linda, I'm not about to call a basenji SINNER."
I told my aunt that we should just name him BoB… He will eventually fit a name, there are soooo many good suggestions I keep trying out all of them looking for the one that suits him! Thanks everyone for all the compliments we sure do love him and are looking forward to his future!