• Soda has been here since ridiculously early Monday morning, and since then he has been nothing but a joy, we've just been enjoying every second. He always uses his potty box (he sometimes hangs a little over LOL but that's not really his fault) he chews his toys, he cuddles and naps and just is basically the nicest little pup I've ever met. He had his first vet visit yesterday and passed with flying colours and gave the nice lady zero fuss. Thanks to his breeder, he's not afraid of anything or anyone so far. He smells perfect… I didn't realize how much I would like the way he smells! Everyone thinks I'm nuts. He gets along well with the kitties, they're pretty savvy and don't run unless they wanna play. I hate to brag, but I think he may be the cutest widdle puppy in the whole wide world. At least, that's what he tell him!
    But anyway... I know what you people want.. PICTURES!! So here you go. After a wholeee year, I finally have my own little lovely to show off.
    🙂
    On a Mission

What do you mean, too big for me??

Dalmatian feeties??

Sleepy boys on ugly couch

Soda LOVES his Sheltie friend Link. He especially loves brushing Linky's long fur… with his teeth.:eek:

Aren't I cute?

• I Like that name, Soda! A very handsome black/white too. Where did you get him?

• He is out of a co-bred litter by Habari Basenjis and Enchanted Basenjis. I flew all the way to Ontario to get him and he was so great on the plane. 🙂

• Here are some videos of Soda and our old kitty Jersey being cute. They're pretty boring for everyone except us HA.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SodaAndJersey?feature=mhum

• so super duper cute!!!

• So neat to see Soda grown up a bit. I got to play with his litter at 6 and 8 weeks. Yes, they were certainly well-socialized in Arlene's busy household! Good luck with him, he's a very nice pup!! Look forward to seeing more pics as he grows.

• Soda is sweet and that is a great name. Reminds me of the song "Might As Well Go For A Soda" by Canadian Kim Mitchell. Love those little puppy feet. I bet you like the smell of them too!

• Thanks everyone!
    Marie, I can't believe how confident this little guy is! I'm so thankful I found this forum and took the time to find such a wonderful breeder. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, I mean he has to do SOMETHING bad eventually, right? 🙂
    Fran, I love that song actually! I keep singing it to him, not sure if he appreciates my beaaaautiful voice. We called him Soda because he is fizzy and fun and bad for your health (because of all the sweetness 😛 )

• Soda is my grandpuppy. His daddy, Cole, was whelped here at Kinetic. I own his great uncle Nick, his grandma Rally, his aunts Rio and Sophie, and his cousin L'Ox. All my dogs tell me that they are made of sugar, that is why they will melt in the rain. I am sure Soda is the same.

What are you thinking of for his registered name?

• First Basenji's

I keep wanting to say "So–Sodalicious!"

Cute cute.

• Very cute! Congrats!:)

• Very cute 🙂 Congrats!

• He is so cute, and you got great photos to show that cuteness!
    Hang on to those, in another few months (when he's a teen), after you love him totally, he will give you a few challenges. That's when you have to remember that sweet puppy!
    I love his little face, and speckled toes.

• Congratulations on your super cute Pup, Soda.

• He is SO CUTE! Soda is a great name, too. Basenjis have a wonderful soft smell to them, and their feet smell like Fritos - I've noticed that even after a hard day of running at the dog park, they do not smell like other dogs do - probably a part of them keeping themselves so clean.

• Lucky puppy and lucky YOU!

• Thanks all!
    lvoss - I like that, about him melting in the rain! We took him outside for a bit yesterday, and boy, did it ever take a lot of treats to get him through the slush.
    I knew Cole was his sire but I didn't know he had such a strong family connection to your dogs - thank you. He's beautiful and lovely and obviously comes from a long line of sweet basenjis.
    The theme for the litter was Dream, so I think we're going to go with Habaris Enchanted Once Upon a Dream. Not entirely sure though!

• He is so hansome! Congratulations!

ps. I have the same baby gate for Cricket LOL

• Houston

Love, love, love him..how adorable..and his name is awesome..congratulations.

• @Mango:

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, I mean he has to do SOMETHING bad eventually, right? 🙂

When Jigsaw and Indy first came home, I referred to the first week or two as "wonder puppy phase". They were so well-behaved (for puppies) and actually with Jigsaw I wondered if everything I'd read about basenjis was wrong, she was such an angel. 😃 THEN - it happened - their true colours emerged and the mischief began. So I decided that the wonder puppy phase is necessary to ensure that we totally and completely fall in love with them so that no matter what chaos they may cause after that we would never send them back! 🙂

Yes, Soda will no doubt do something "bad" eventually - as I type this Jigsaw and Indy are in the other room squabbling over the prime sunny spot. 😉

Oh, and if you want some more of the pics I took of Soda, ask Arlene for my email and I'll send you some.

Suggested Topics