Puppy training classes…questions

• Houston

Saba, I got it in black to stand out against Pippin's colors and also to make the brindle gold/black beads stand out more..as I am wanting them on there for Otis..(silly maybe)..but she had a almost like congac color that seems like it would be nice, I'd think. I know a few people has her leads, they should be able to help out better than me.

• Houston

Finally received Pippin's show lead from Sal Wuornos…..I must say I love it...she does an amazing job. The lead is 36" braided black leather, I chose two brindle beads, for Otis...and one silver paw print bead. The chain is braided onto the lead which makes it much slimmer, no bulky clip. Thanks Tanza and Nemo for letting me know about her leads.
    attachment_p_132197_0_uploadfromtaptalk1298212828011.jpg

• Very nice. I'm sure you'll be happy with it for a long time. I have another kangaroo lead and it stretched out a couple of inches after use for a short while. The one I have from Sal hasn't changed at all so far. It's currently on a hiatus until I get my next pup. Although, I'll probably get that pup its own lead too, lol.

• Sal has made one up for me and is sending it to Crufts with Katie Boyd - I'm really excited to be getting it and I too would like to thank Pat and Nemo for their recommendation.

Saba, have you ordered one?

• @Patty:

Sal has made one up for me and is sending it to Crufts with Katie Boyd - I'm really excited to be getting it and I too would like to thank Pat and Nemo for their recommendation.

Petro, glad you are happy with yours and Patty, I am sure you will be also. Interesting Clay that your other kangaroo stretched… I have some from other people and have not had that problem. But nice to support a "basenji person"... gggg

My personal preference is that I like a snap on the lead as I tend to show different dogs with different head sizes and I don't like using a chain that is really way long. I have had too many experiences with having a Basenji "back" out of the collar...ggg.. and NOT amusing in the show ring

• Houston

Yes, I am very happy with mine..although I haven't used it yet, but it is lovely. Patty I am sure you will love yours as well.

• @Basenjimamma:

Yes, I am very happy with mine..although I haven't used it yet, but it is lovely. Patty I am sure you will love yours as well.

Word of advise…. only use this as his "show" lead.... he will quickly learn the difference between a walking lead and a show lead.... all of mine, when the show lead goes on, they know what they will be doing!!!

At home, put it on him and practice on the table with stacking... and in the yard for moving...

• Houston

At home, put it on him and practice on the table with stacking… and in the yard for moving...

That is kind of what I figured to do..don't want him to get complacent, yet I do want him to get used to it and comfortable with it.

• @Patty:

Sal has made one up for me and is sending it to Crufts with Katie Boyd - I'm really excited to be getting it and I too would like to thank Pat and Nemo for their recommendation.

Patty I have decided to wait till I see whats at Crufts, before ordering from Sal. I do really love her leads, and I will probably still get 1 or 2, or 3, or 4, (I NEED 1 for each dog of course !!!), but will wait till I get home, when I have some money again ;)…

• I decided to start off with just one for a very special Basenji and hopefully later get more when finances have improved!!!

Suggested Topics