Skip to content

Fostering :)

Basenji Rescue
  • I am willing to foster a Basenji if anyone in Oklahoma or nearby has one needing a foster. Ive contacted BRAT several times to foster but never heard back. I have 1 Basenji currently, a yard and a great vet. Also have an older mixed breed mutt who just kinda hangs around and chills lol. Email me direct if anyone needs a foster. I can only foster one at a time. ou.girl.liz09@gmail.com

  • I think it is great that you are willing to foster.

    I would just caution that bringing another dog into the house while you are trying to deal with Anubis' aggression issues may not be wise.

    It would be best to focus your energies on dealing with Anubis, and consider fostering once you have his aggression under control.

    -Nicole

  • Hey Nicole, good idea. Once his issues are dealt with I'd be more than happy to bring in a foster :) Ive got new ideas im putting to use and so far today everything's gone smoothly. No snarky Anubis today lol

Suggested Topics

  • Fostering a Basenji

    Basenji Rescue
    31
    0 Votes
    31 Posts
    24k Views
    S
    BTW, I also use the shunning method with my basenji. He gets into everything and so I have to baby proof my house. Sometimes I leave a drink on the table and he tries to drink out of it and when I catch him with it, I let him know I am mad! I growl at him and then turn my back to him and he gets very upset. When he does anything I do want him to do, all I have to do is growl at him and he comes over to me bows his head and curls up in my lap. I guess it is an instinctual reaction to submit to his pack leader. He hates it when I ignore him in any way. He is funny, because he will sit down and look at me and whine or try to jump up on the chair with me if he thinks I am mad at him. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
  • Foster homes desperately needed!

    Basenji Rescue
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    D
    Please consider fostering-it is joy to help a Basenji! I have fostered two in the last few years-one a young Basenji who had pups at a shelter and an elderly female whose owners were going into an assisted care facility and were going to have her euthanized within a few days if not rescued. The elderly girl lived a few more years-just shy of her 17th birthday. She had never lived with other dogs before and she was fine with my pack-but my dogs knew that she was older and wanted to be left alone. She was spunky though and would nip at them if they got out of line! If I was not having health problems, I would foster one! Jennifer
  • ** Looking to Foster in Oahu Hawaii!!**

    Basenji Rescue
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    Capt_Jack_our_BasenjiC
    Thank You!! I hope I hear from someone soon!! :))
  • Foster with Heartworms

    Basenji Rescue
    37
    0 Votes
    37 Posts
    19k Views
    snorky998S
    Dash, thanks for the update. I hope Sugar is soon doing better. That heartworm treatment is a b**ch for any dog. I hope your continued updates convince people that the the annual blood work and preventative are well worth their time and money, because as you well know, the alternative is quite a bit more costly and painful for the dog (and family) in the long run. Again, thank you and my prayers to you for a better month for you and Sugar.
  • Basenji foster homes in midwest, needed

    Basenji Rescue
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    19k Views
    S
    I am not sure…but if you post this question to the BRAT site, they can answer your question. http://www.basenjirescue.org Do let us know what you find out.
  • Urgent: Maddie needs a Home or a Foster

    Basenji Rescue
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    I'm so glad; she has such a wistful quality about her in that pic