Skip to content

Would like to foster a Basenji

Basenji Rescue
  • Is there any rescue/foster people in the Atlanta GA area??

  • @mr_smokeyd I don't know about Atlanta specifically, but I would recommend contacting BRAT. They don't restrict their rescue to one geographical area.... I'm sure they would be able to connect you with a district supervisor near you.

  • Please go to Basenjirescue.org and join as a member. It will show you are serious about helping. BRAT always needs good foster homes. A home visit will be required (not sure if that is possible at this time considering this COVID-19 crisis). It is especially helpful if you have basenji experience. Not always, but very often, a basenji coming into rescue has special needs (i.e., behavioral, medical, etc.). It is good to ask yourself if you and your family are willing to deal with that. Fostering is hard but it can also be a wonderful and rewarding thing to do.

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    6k Views
    WeLuvBasenjisW
    We rescued our current B from Medfly - just north of LA. Karen at Medfly was wonderful to work with and we love our little girl!
  • Basenji?

    Basenji Rescue
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    D
    He did look like he had short legs but I thought his body was long for a Rat Terrier. I am so used to them having a docked tail and much more white on the body. I thought he may be a poorly bred Basenji. Mansfield is not too far away from the Amish area. I wonder if he barks much! Jennifer
  • Not a Basenji, but…

    Basenji Rescue
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Terry, I know Joan, she will want to know about this dog.
  • Basenjis on Craigslist

    Basenji Rescue
    110
    0 Votes
    110 Posts
    90k Views
    W
    http://tucson.craigslist.org/pet/1911698965.html How sad. An 11 yr old needs a new home.
  • From a foster dog to a foster mom

    Basenji Rescue
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    snorky998S
    Thanks Sharron. I'm passing this on to my friends that have fostered outside our breed.
  • Keoki the Basenji

    Basenji Rescue
    42
    0 Votes
    42 Posts
    24k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    Macpack, Thanks for the update. It is nice to know that Kona and Keoki are so happy together and that Lisa and her husband must feel so good knowing they did a great thing..