My Angel Child cat is very ill

• Dear Fran, I'm very sorry to hear about your little guy 😞
    We keep you into our mind and please enjoy the time she has left, hugs to you both

• Fran I am so sorry. (((hugs)))

• Here is a video done last Sunday of Barney shaking a paw for a treat. I would always make sure he was paying attention first, and then would show him the snack and get a paw shake for it. We do five of those and then Barney gets what are called "free snacks". I'm in the blue shirt, my sis is in the purple sweater and you can just see my darling hubby Darrel in his wheelchair behind me. My sis's husband Lyle was doing the video. I like how my sis called Barney "Naomi Campbell" when he didn't start setting himself up promptly for the video shoot. I hope you guys enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHuZDQKN6k

• I hope you can see the video. If you do a hunt on something like "orange and white cat shaking a paw" on YouTube, it won't come up. You have to use the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHuZDQKN6k

• 🙂 🙂 He's lovely – you guys are lovely. It's a very nice glimpse into his world. Thanks for sharing it!

• Fran, this was wonderful….how is your dear kitty doing??

• Brilliant, i have never seen a Cat shaking a paw and sitting on command before. Barney is one clever Cat.
    I belong to a cat forum and another online cat club would it be ok to share your video with them.

• LOL love the video.

I had a maine coon cat I taught quickly to play fetch. I swear he was more like a dog than a cat. So what do I have now? Dogs who are cat like. Yeah, I know that says something about me … just not sure what.

• @thunderbird8588:

Brilliant, i have never seen a Cat shaking a paw and sitting on command before. Barney is one clever Cat.
    I belong to a cat forum and another online cat club would it be ok to share your video with them.

Yes, please go ahead and share the video with your cat club. Barney would be happy.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Fran, this was wonderful….how is your dear kitty doing??

Hi Sharron, it is a day to day type of thing, as it is a fast growing cancer in cats. He seems quite comfortable. He is still eating, drinking water from the tap, shaking a paw for treats, but is resting longer. That could also be from the morphine he is getting from pain. Dr. M, his vet, needs 2 days notice and then she will make plans to euthanize him here. He is not at that point yet.

I am an utter mess. I just can't seem to eat, and I spend a lot of the day with him, resting in bed. I want to spoil him, so he has his own litter box in the middle bed room, along with some food and water. He sleeps under the covers with me for awhile, he crawls out and just mushes himself into me, purring up a storm.

I just don't know how I am going to do with him.

hugs,
    Fran

• Fran it breaks my heart for you. (((hugs))) I am so sorry, but I am so glad he has you. When you consider the life of 99.9999 percent of animals on earth, you have to take a little comfort knowing you have given him such a wonderful life.

• @Kipawa:

Yes, please go ahead and share the video with your cat club. Barney would be happy.

Thank you Fran, i have posted it in the cat forum i belong to and an online cat club.
    He's a Star 🙂

• Barney will pass over the Rainbow Bridge this Friday afternoon. Monday night I was crying in bed, and asked “God” (I follow my own religion of being a good and kind person on this earth) to give me some sort of sign to help me make the decision as to when Barney needed to be put to sleep.

The next morning, Barney was laying on me (I was laying on my back). I was crying a little. He got up from laying down, sat on my chest near where I had folded my arms, and touched my arm with his paw, leaving it there for about 5 seconds as he gazed into my eyes.

I knew then that I had my sign. He was telling me he was ready, and that I should not feel guilty about making the decision. Yet again, another beautiful moment with this truly cosmic cat.

I want to thank all of you for being such wonderful support while all of this has been going on for me. Only animal lovers understand how losing a loved companion animal can be so devestating.

I ask you now to turn your thoughts to Barney for a speedy trip over the bridge where he will meet up with his mommy cat Miss Mew, have this cancer removed, and live a wonderfully happy life until I meet him again.

• Aw Fran, Angel Cat will run up the Bridge so fast! His trip will be beautiful and peaceful!:)

I am smiling thinking of him running towards Miss Mew, probably bowling her over! and the 2 of them enjoying and endless bowl of wet food together!

Truly, the love of an animal is the greatest love of all!

• Fran,
    you have had your sign from your very special boy. Will think of you both Friday. He will soon be safe and running free with Miss Mew his Mum.

• Yes, I'm wishing Barney a speedy trip. He is truly a wonder cat and you are obviously so in tune with him.

We'll be thinking of you on Friday.

• What an awesome cat Barney is. I hope his passing is as smooth, he has filled more of your heart than he will take with him.

• Sending love and care to you both.

• Fran, you gave your beloved cat the final gift of love, the peace of the rainbow bridge.
    Hugs and hugs for loving this kitty as much as you did.
    I do believe we all see our beloved animals when we cross over.
    They will be there for us, like we where there for them, in this life.
    Hugs, hugs, hugs.

• Thinking of you tomorrow, this is one of the hardest things to do, ever, but we have to do it for our beloved pets. Huge Hugs.

Suggested Topics