Hunt kennel dist/ todays pets/ puppy mill? sebastian info needed

• @Kipawa:

I guess I can understand how travelling with your dog, hubby and kids can get a bit chaotic, resulting in someone (the dog in this case) getting lost. Maybe in a situation like this the travellers can each have a 'shift' of being responsible for the dog.

Sometimes no matter how careful or responsible you are, stuff happens.

• @Kipawa:

I guess I can understand how travelling with your dog, hubby and kids can get a bit chaotic, resulting in someone (the dog in this case) getting lost. Maybe in a situation like this the travellers can each have a 'shift' of being responsible for the dog.

What a beautiful ending to this story - especially Charlie/Sebastian coming over to you to tell you how much he appreciated everything you did for him.

I can think of a million ways a dog can escape and get completely lost while traveling…with, or without kids and hubby! Of course, everyone should take every possible precaution to keep it from happening...but it can and does happen.

• @Quercus:

I can think of a million ways a dog can escape and get completely lost while traveling…with, or without kids and hubby! Of course, everyone should take every possible precaution to keep it from happening...but it can and does happen.

Heck, I know someone who was one of 7 children and on a family road trip they left one of the kids behind (kid was in the restroom) at a rest stop. And when I went to Mississippi after hurricane Katrina to help with cleanup, we left one of our group in the bathroom at the Waffle House in Waveland (only thing open because of power outage from the hurricane) - 40 minutes away from where we were staying (and no cell phone coverage) and how long it took us to realize our entire party of 20 people wasn't there. It took 'til day 5 before she was talking to us again. As was said…things happen. :eek: But I digress...

• @westcoastflea1:

then walked to my roommate and did the same thing for about 60 seconds , then turned and went to his family, at which point they left.
    im not one for humanizing animals but i really believe he knew that his family was here and that he was leaving and he wanted to say goodbye

And Thank you! What a wonderful, almost unbelievable story. You are to be commended for going that extra mile. Actually several extra miles. As a fellow dog owner, I want to let you know that I think the world is certainly a better place for you being in it.

• I received your update on my email yesterday through my cell phone, and I had goosebumps all over my arms and tears in my eyes… thank you for caring for this wonderful dog. I agree with you that he knew this was his goodbye, and that he loves YOU for being his hero. I bet if you met him a year from now, he would remember the special time you shared together and greet you with wags and kisses.

Well Done, West Coast Flea! 🙂

• What a wonderful story, west coast. Thank you for all you did to reunite Charlie with his family.

Now I'm just in a dither wondering about Kathy's Miss Raley. What's the rest of the story there 🙂

Suggested Topics