I want to leave the forum. Please help!

• @Scoops:

Here we go again, how many times do we here the same story, how many times do people like Sharron have to pick up the pieces.

Why is it when people are trying to give help and advice is it taken as bullying or abuse because it is probably not something they want to hear.

Let's get something straight…............dogs eat...............dogs need health care..................dogs need time spent on them. This takes money and care doesn't it ? it's not rocket science that you have to put your hand in your pocket and pull out the cash !!!!

If you can't afford them DON'T HAVE THEM !!!!!, or if you find yourself in a difficult situation take advice when it is offered to you. This applies to anyone and is not aimed at anyone personally.

Rant over !!!!!!

Here here.

I dont work with dog rescue, but i do parrot rescue and have done for several years and it makes me angry when people take something on without any thought of how they will provide for it financially and of course giving it the care, training and attention it needs. Theres no reason for it in this day and age where information is so readily available on the internet. If a living creature is involved it is your responsibility to make sure you can provide for it before bringing it home, the amount of people that just dump animals on rescue because they are bored of them, or cant be bothered anymore… It makes me angry everytime i get a new call about a dumped parrot :mad:

• Scoops, you and everyone who is responsible have every right to rant.
    "littering " hurts everyone, the animals the most.
    We can only help teach adults who are willing to listen.
    Hugs to all of you responsible folks.

• This thread makes my head hurt.

I could care less about the humans involved. All I care about is the faint hope that the dogs in these kinds of situations are at least sort of OK…

• rushing over to give Shaun a hug - and thankful he is the wonderfully happy Basenji I know him to be...

• @Maya:

… but i do parrot rescue

Jess, we own two ****atoos, who were wild caught but have been with us for 27 years and must be in their late 30's - early 40's. We took them on for life (our life, because they may outlive us) and have made provisions for them in our wills. They are messy, have huge vet bills when they do visit the vet and can be loud, but they are our 'children' and would never be dismissed from our home. People see parrots and think "how beautiful". They do not consider all the other things that go with owning a parrot, just like some people do not consider everything when they look to purchase a dog. God bless you for helping these wonderful creatures.

• Oh, anyone who does parrot rescue is a SAINT!

• I once pet sat for a catoo, a parrot, 2 cats, and 2 dogs in one household. Whew, was that a job of work…mostly the birds. Props to anyone who can do that. Mostly the cats only came around for food, my main problem with the dogs was trying to keep their muddy feet off the white carpet...but the birds...oh, the birds. Could hardly get my hand in the cage to get the bowls to feed them their (owner prescribed) fruit, veggies, and even peanut butter. The catoo wasn't bad, it was the parrot that was very territorial about it. I ended up using kitchen mitts to get the bowls out of the cage. I look back on it now and have a good laugh, but at the time those bites from the parrot hurt! But every now and again during that 2 week period the darned thing would just be cute, as would the c**atoo. The owners said I could even let them out of the cage if we (the birds & I) were comfortable enough, and by the end , we were. It was very neat. That whole multi-critter experience ranks right up there with both a major learning experience and an "I'm so verry glad I had it" experiance.

PS: the dogs were both German Shepherds.

Suggested Topics