Welcome to the forum - glad to have you here with all of us. And congrats on making a decision to be patient about owning another basenji. That's what we always need - more responsible basenji/dog owners.
Welcome to the forums. You are always welcome to come out to the local basenji activities and get a basenji fix. Northern and Southern California both have active basenji communities.
Just let us know when you're ready for your own! Amina will have a litter this year, we hope… Of course, you'd have to come to Texas... But you can come and bring your mom and Ella too.
WELCOME! Is your pup from a breeder or rescue? If a breeder, many here have related dogs so it's fun to see the connections. My girl is a rescue, so only the people from the same hoarder they were taken from are related.
Like Alex said, PLEASE post pics when you can.
Aggression is an all encompassing term. As pointed out above, there is quite a range! It is not unusual for Basenjis to be dog aggressive. Mine is, and I just avoid other dogs because I know his intentions are not good. Some are same sex aggressive and fine with members of the opposite sex, and some may just be making a statement when they are leashed. If you describe what you are seeing more specifically I am sure lots of people will have common experiences and possible training fixes to share.
I would love to see some pictures of Tucker, and welcome to the forum!
I agree with the others that this is not a common practice among BCOA breeders. I am sorry that this happened to you and yes, you should get your deposit back.