• I don't like having my picture taken either. LOL

• Poor Arwen:

Cara has always hung her head out of the covers, now she has Arwen doing it:

• Debra, in my eyes, they are both beautiful! The head out of the covers picture is priceless. I am a total animal lover, and I find that there is often such beauty in animals that are not 'breed perfect'. They somehow make up for it in other, very special ways.

• TY, I quite adore them. Arwen certainly was looks wise fine to show, but not with her PPM for breeding, so we didn't. Cara is Cara. And I love every hair on her body. 🙂

• Absolutely love the pictures! 🙂 Thank you for sharing…. they are both endearing. 🙂

• I used to know someone with a large Avongara dog. I used to call him her "industrial strength" basenji. Ya know, for larger hunting and such.

I find many of the colors on the Wimauma basenjis striking. I love that dark red/white one with green eyes. Just striking.

• ROFLMAO "industrial strenght"! That's wonderful. Cara is so huge, lol. I mean, I want like a 17 to 19 pound basenji one day. Arwen is about 25 pounds, not exactly a delicate flower. Cara is payback for me thinking Arwen was so huge. Fortunately she is very very non-alpha, so hopefully her bigger size won't present issues between them.

Yeah I think a lot of the Wimauma's are striking. I am a red/white person, then b/w, and brindle. Never cared for the coloring of tris, but am coming to appreciate the tris also.

I have also accepted those dear defective ears are never going to be truly upright. She can raise them and move them like antennae … one up, both up, alternate up. On the other hand, they are incredibly soft so if they don't stand up, well, they are wonderful to rub 🙂

• She looks a bit impish. Very cool.

I also use the soft mouth technique. Raising and working with Great Danes for 25 years almost required this. When we got Benny last month, the foster family warned us that he was nippy. He has this urge to put his mouth on anything near when he is excited. We have worked with him steadly since he arrived and he is now very good when we say "ow that hurts" he lets go and licks the area he had his mouth on.

Benny has bonded with my 3 yr old grandson and has not put his teeth on the boy, even when excited.

• Lovely pictures - they obviously get on very well together.

• Oh no Patty, don't jinx me! So far so good. Fortunately Arwen at 8 has not shown any tendencies to be alpha… she just wants to be left alone. She does correct bad puppy behaviors, but otherwise is very tolerant. Cara, bless her heart, acts like she is 8 wks old. I hope the puppy mentality continue. I do not want to ever have to run 2 packs again. Of course, if it happens it happens but I am hopeful.

Suggested Topics