Skip to content

Your Advice

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Need advice for newborn basenji

    Moved Basenji Talk
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    23k Views
    canerC
    @donc Hi, I decide to have girl. But not yet find right one! I am trying to be careful for choose breeders. I think December is best time for new puppy.
  • Advice for potential basenji owner

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    19k Views
    eeeefarmE
    @EMurata said in Advice for potential basenji owner: The "weather permitting" part of your statement wont work with a Basenji. My dog doesnt care if its 100 degrees out or 10, she needs constant exercise. If outside exercise isn't available for whatever reason, mental exercise is a good substitute. Basenjis are very clever and if you keep their minds busy it often serves to minimize or avoid destructive behaviour. You are not going to wear a fit Basenji out by walking him or her a couple of hours a day, but I have seen them perfectly content to kick back and relax after half an hour of demanding mental exercise! Clicker training can be useful here.....
  • Advice on collar biting?

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    CrazySenjiC
    When my dogs were young they'd back away from their collars or scratch at them because they were new and scary. I don't keep collars on my dogs in the house because they play roughly and I don't want any accidents. When they DO see their collars it means walk time and they get so excited they shove their heads though on their own. When it's associated with something positive they quickly learn to love their collars!
  • Advice on moving with basenji

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Advice for the grumpy one ?

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    P
    I give my bitches 'Hormonise' from www.animal-health.co.uk before, during, and after their seasons. It solves most of the 'bitchy' problems. It is herbal and was originally developed for mares in season, I have used it to good effect for many years.
  • Advice To Dogs…

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    ChaseandZahrasmomC
    @Gooby: There's also this one: When your humans take you out, poop twice. Rest assured, they only brought one bag. Oh how true …