• I am so happy for you Mantis, you deserve that little bundle! Congrats and good luck! What a nice little Brindle!:)

• I am so happy for you, Mantis, Cairo is such a good looking little boy! I am glad things are going well with the transition… Ceasar looks like he is ready to mentor the new little one. Ceasar seems to have a proud air about him in the picture of the three of you. As if to say, let me show you the ropes, kid!;)

• Cairo sure is cute, Mantis. Caesar's got a twinkle in his eye. He's saying I've Got A New Baby Brother, And I'm Glad He's Asleep Right Now!

• So cute!!! Congratulations 🙂

• Ha ha, he is soooo cute and sweet natured. Caesar was a rascally one always on top of me, requiring all of my attention….

This little guy is a kisser. So today is day 2. I have gotten used to the routine of zero sleep. The magic number of hours he sleeps 2! The time he is awake? 1 hour!

When is he definately awake? 4:30-5am 😃 At this time, there is no way in hell he is going back into his crate.

So each time he wakes me it is to go potty which he does really well. The 11:30-midnight wake session is not usually a struggle to get back to sleep, but last night we hit the crate torture or choir session, not sure which. We did survive, but it sure took a lot of patience.

Caesar has taught Cairo how to dig a bed on a blanket. Incredibly adorable!

Caesar has begun to growl talk with Cairo as well. Lots of vocal Caesar saying dont bite me. Lots of pouncing from Cairo and searching for the one great nipple! HA HA.

So I took Cairo with the small bladder to work with me and he slept 7 hours out of my 8 and spent the other 1 hour whining and unable to move because of the cat harness I had on him. He ate 3/4 of a can of food and did the "I'm going to hold all of my poop in because the ground is wet". He was so funny, he looked like he would explode.

With his inactivity at work today I was excited to see Caesar and Cairo really playing at home. Man, do I have a short night of sleep tonight. To see Caesar go so bonkers playing with Cairo is so completely satisfying. I am sure that adding Cairo to our fam is the best thing I could have done.

Tomorrow I will take both to work with me and see if Caesar can burn some energy out of Cairo.

Oh, listen guys, this is really odd. Cairo has been barking! What's that about? He barked at our Australian shepard friend, and my cat today. He has barked about 10-12 times in the last two days. Anyone ever hear their b's bark? No yodels yet, but he has the basenji cry figured out. It sounds like a grrrrrrr-woof.....or maybe a brrrrrr-woof....its crazy....

caesar made the same sound once, when he saw an empty shopping cart being blown towards us by the wind. he was scared. cairo isnt scared, he is doing his.....I'm here! bark....

anyone experience this?

• Oh, listen guys, this is really odd. Cairo has been barking! What's that about? He barked at our Australian shepard friend, and my cat today. He has barked about 10-12 times in the last two days. Anyone ever hear their b's bark? No yodels yet, but he has the basenji cry figured out. It sounds like a grrrrrrr-woof…..or maybe a brrrrrr-woof....its crazy....

Cairo is just too darn cute!! I'm so glad he's settling in so well and that Caesar and him are hitting it off so well!!!! As for the barking thing - my Mom's basenji, Tiki did that at a new shop vac in the basement - like REALLY barked at it. I've never heard Stormie make a bark, but boy can Tiki belt it out! 🙂 Mom and I looked at each other in amazement when it happened, and I don't think either of us really believed what we were hearing! lol!

• Cairo is just SO adorable! Great name too! My B sometimes lets out a grrrr-woof when a car drives by too fast.

• We call that "boofing"…and a couple of our dogs can really "boof"....I think it seems to run in lines...the more vocal they are overall, the more they may "boof" 😉

• well it was definately surprising…he does it now every time he greets the shop dog, caesar, or our cat. he is pretty vocal compared to silent Caesar. He also wags his tail a lot!

Last night he cried in his crate for 30 minutes. It was too much to take. Caesar was pacing in our bedroom as disturbed as i was. Caesar went into his other bed in our super large crate and in went Cairo.

Cairo has been waking me up about every 3 hours to go out at night. Last night I took him out at 1:30am and into the large kennel with Caesar....slept without bathroom breaks until 6am, when I woke him up to go out!

Amazing!

• SOO, i LOVE the pictures, but please, HOW did you post them??!! help please

Suggested Topics