• Well finally I think our new website is finally up and running :)…

I am so glad that it is nearly finished... I still have one or two pages to finish off, but I think we are nearly there :)...

It is, http://www.langarni-rajacadoo.com it has only just appeared on our puter, so I hope you are able to see it, if not just leave me a message, and I will get back to you ASAP… Mr Saba has just said that those of you with a Safari browser will still be able to see it, but, the layout is a bit skewed... Will be trying to fix that in the am... Its 11.20pm at the moment... Any coments, good and epecially bad, are VERY welcome :D:D:D...

BTW... Rajacadoo is our ACD prefix, hence the use of it in the web address...

• Great website! Looks verrry nice!

• very cool website!!!! nicely done!!!

• Lovely website - lots of info!

Its still a bit of a work in process, and I have found a few things that need to be corrected... How annoying is that :D. I think I checked everything about 10 times each page, before we put it up, and there are mistakes popping out at me everytime I look at it :rolleyes:...

• First Basenji's

Looks like you have a LOT of information, and great, high-quality pictures. The colors you've chosen also really pop out, especially the blue against the red/orange/greens of your photos.

One issue that's more about style/HTML – when I view on Firefox (I have not tried with other browsers), I have to scroll across to see the entire page. I have no idea what's causing that... but I think of the sake of streamlining, it's best if you don't have to scroll left/right at all.

Like I said, a very minor style issue. I leave it up to the experts to judge the content and writing. 😉

• Thank you so much curlytails, I really appreciate this feed back :).

I will let Mr Saba know about the issue, as its all completely above my VERY limited computer knowledge !!! I hope all these issues will be fixed in the next week or so. Unfortunately Mr Saba starts night duty tomorrow night, and he can only sleep and work at this time, so nothing will be done till after he finishes nights !!!

Thanks again, its this sort of feedback I need to know, so we can try to fix it ;)…

• Houston

Jennie, what a nice website, good job. I like it lots..

• Thank you Basenjimama…

It is still very much a work in progress, but we will get there !!!

Chosen which puppy you are getting yet 😃 😉 😃 😉

• Houston

Chosen which puppy you are getting yet

Jennie, not yet..would love, love, love one of Kylies pups..not financially possible, unless it gets shipped in a padded envelope, haha..
    The shipping is what gets ya'…

• @Basenjimamma:

Jennie, not yet..would love, love, love one of Kylies pups..not financially possible, unless it gets shipped in a padded envelope, haha..
    The shipping is what gets ya'…

I hear you about the shipping, last time I looked at maybe importing it was about 1200.00.

What did Kylie's bitches have? Don't think I remember seeing/hearing

• Houston

Tanza, now the shipping from Australia is up to $1700++ so a lot of money..

She had two litters, Electra had 3 tri boys and one red boy, Delta had 4 red girls and 2 red boys..

• how much would a red boy cost from most breeders? whATS THE AVERAGE?

• Very nice web site! I'm a nurse too, but my basenjis are all rescues, so never got into the showing thing. It sounds like you have a lovely life, to match your web site, haha.

• Nice website…

Do you mind if I pick a few nits?

• You need to fix the horizontal scroll bar.
    • Remove all the "welcome to our website" references. Especially the moving graphics. Its not needed and it does nothing for search engine performance. Your intro headline and paragraph needs to follow the "who, what, where and how" style of saying who you are and what the website is about.
    • I would kill some of the white space on the home page.
    • Kill the stats counter and map: this kind of thing has nothing to add for the viewer. Your host should provide YOU with all the stats you need.

Just my $0.02 anyway...

Max

• Houston

Kirogurl….

how much would a red boy cost from most breeders? whATS THE AVERAGE?

There are so many variables that it is hard to say..the price various depending on where the puppy is whelped, meaning where the breeder is, if you want show vs pet quality..some breeders charge the same regardless, others charge more for show than pet..I have even seen some "not so reputable" breeders have different prices depending on girl vs boy..but I don't think this is the norm..it sure shouldn't be..I think.

• @KiroGurl:

how much would a red boy cost from most breeders? whATS THE AVERAGE?

In the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic, I'd say a safe estimate is around $1000 - $1200 for a puppy from a responsible, reputable breeder.

Personally, I haven't found there to be a lot of variables with pricing when you go to a responsible breeder. Off hand, the only real difference in pricing I've seen seems to be that it does vary by region of the US - kind of like everything :D. If a breeder is pricing by colour, male vs. female, or AKC registered/not, I'd immediately look for another breeder - personally I would consider those red flags and RUN. There may be breeders that charge differently for pet vs. show, but there are plenty that don't - none that I've encountered do.

A good place to start to find a responsible breeder is always the BCOA breeders directory at basenji.org. And don't forget to verify health tests on offa.org

Suggested Topics