Skip to content

Thoughts on a Breeder in Africa for new foundation lines?

Breeder Talk

Suggested Topics

  • recent thoughts on tight line breeding?

    Breeder Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    35k Views
    H
    @senjisilly just now saw your reply. Thanks for the pedigree website. I knew about it and it’s a great resource.
  • Find a Breeder

    Breeder Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    @cheryl-goodman - Have you talked to your girl's breeder? Have you completed all health testing and recorded it with www.offa.org as public record, especially DNA testing for Fanconi and PRA? Have you done any showing or performance events with your girl?
  • Breeder control

    Breeder Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Exactly– responsible small breeders will be shut down and puppymillers flourish if we don't.
  • Looking for a breeder

    Breeder Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    N
    I'm sorry for your loss. I did not mean to seem overly harsh, but I am glad you found the article eye-opening. I am very sad that you lost your boy so young. Please consider giving a homeless dog a second chance, or buy only from responsible breeders for a pup. it really is worth it. -Nicole
  • Canadian Breeders

    Breeder Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    SharlaS
    Fopaws is great. I actually bred to one of their boys and since then we have become extended family. They are wonderful people with wonderful dogs!
  • Breeders in TN

    Breeder Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    13k Views
    renaultf1R
    @Nemo: Here's the link. http://www.basenji.org/learn/ Go to "screening breeders" at the top. That is a great list…and great explanations of why those questions are important.