Skip to content

How to win an argument…basenji style

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • basenji

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    9k Views
    ZandeZ
    Last I heard, the Breed Club secretaries had more people waiting or wanting pups than were available . You could get on a list for a Basenji next winter but I very much doubt you will find one still unsold. Go to the website of the BCGB, or the Northern Basenji Society as you are in the North and you will find email addresses of the secretaries. They will put you in touch with breeders who may be planning a litter for puppies to become ready to leave the nest in about a year's time. Its a long wait I know, but you have most probably missed the boat for now. You are welcome to post me privately. Good luck!
  • Basenji or...not?

    Basenji Talk
    26
    1 Votes
    26 Posts
    26k Views
    HeidiAceH
    @debradownsouth Thanks you so much. We'll give it a try.
  • My Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    6k Views
    krunzerK
    ….is a wingnut, but can spot a squirrel a mile away.
  • Basenji Song-Moon Over Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Oh Barklessdog, you are a brave person. I must now stand with you in insane-solidarity and admit I bought it too. It is awful but when you get the line "we couldn't say goodbye so we took him home" part, you know you got to help support the woman. lol
  • Home Alone *basenji style*

    Basenji Talk
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    10k Views
    krunzerK
    I ended up getting some Bitter Apple spray and that has so far deterred them from trying to eat it again. Now if I could only get a jug of it for when I try to load the dishwasher…...
  • Is she a basenji

    Basenji Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    22k Views
    W
    lol usually when you breed a bigger dog to a smaller dog the Male is the tiny one. Its just dangerous to do it the other way around. As far as DNA breed testing I would go for it if I could. But i am just interested in those kinds of tests. We offer them at our clinic but i haven't ever seen results for them.