• There is only one other Basenji that comes to the park, and ever since they first met, they seem to have hit it off.

Her name is Ariel, and has been rescued from a not so good home. Her owner just found out she is about 17 months old. There is a considerable size difference between them. :p

• Gizmo looks like he is protecting her! Basenjis are so intuitive, they seem to know how to relate to shy or abused dogs. Very sweet, nice that he has a 'girlfriend'.
    I'm glad to see them on top of the table, that is where all ours hang out too!

• Wonderful detail on the pictures. I think Gizmo has found his Valentine girl.

• Ariel is a gorgeous looking girl! How nice that Gizmo has such a pretty girlfriend!!

• Glad you and Giz met this little girl. She's a pretty little thing (perhaps a little under weight?) Is she always so submissive, as the photo's indicate. Gizmo will help her come out of her shell and socialize 🙂

• @snorky998:

Glad you and Giz met this little girl. She's a pretty little thing (perhaps a little under weight?) Is she always so submissive, as the photo's indicate. Gizmo will help her come out of her shell and socialize 🙂

It's a bit hard to see on the pics because she's laying on almost all of them.. but I don't think she's under weight.. She looks perfect to me.

• Yes, she is under weight. You can't see it here, but all her ribs are visible, but she is way better now compared to what she was when she first got her. Poor thing looked like she was starved.

That little dog you see her with is her new "room mate". He is a puppy, and name Babbo…or I think that's how it's spelled. Supposed to be from Disney...same with Ariel.

Ariel is a bit submissive yes, espesially that day, they had been in the park for 3 hours when I came! So I think she was a bit tired. But she is getting "tougher" every day. After she got Babbo in the house Ariel had transformed into a much more lively dog.

EDIT: Found a picture of her standing, not a great picture (was taken the day before), but at least it gives a better impression of her.

• She looks very sweet and obviously submissive but not scared. Your boy really looks as though he's taken her under his wing.

• Houston

Very sweet pictures.. Gizmo has grown up to be a handsome fella, Ariel is very dainty, a little girl..so sweet.
    I am glad she is in a better home now..hopefully her coming to the park to play and lots of love will do her good.

• I enjoyed those pics, thanks.

• Lovely pics of Gizmo and his friends

Suggested Topics