• Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Thanks. 🙂

• Sure thing, actually a good example of the usefulness of a crate is with Gizmo and his cut paw. To prevent him from walking on it, I put him in his crate. Where he is now snoring away!

And on that note, it's time for me to do some snoring of my own!

• Hey Nerdy! Glad to have you back. Giz certainly has grown. What a handsome young man he is.

Congratulations on almost being done with school.

Looking forward to those adorable Giz videos (although I've checked occasionally @ youtube. BTW, loved the big, clunking bone!)

Dawn

• @Janneke:

Now I understand you 🙂 And I know people who leave their dog(s) for 9 hours as well.. but that would never be my choice. Tillo couldn't even sleep for 9 hours.. gg.. If I leave he watches tv for 2 hours.. takes a small nap and looks at the birds for another hour. When I'm home again he thinks it's time for a walk. But he's probably spoiled 😉

Yes…he is 🙂 but in a good way 🙂

• Tillo is spoiled and he is also an 'athlete', used to lots of great exercise.

Gizmo has matured wonderfully, I agree with the comments about his nice head and ears! Nice to have you beck!

• Houston

Welcome back Gizmo…so nice to have the two of you back..I sure missed seeing and hearing from you..
    Wow..has he grown or what, and into a handsome young man as well..
    Great pictures and yes, his ears are perfectly small and perky..love'em.

• Glad to see you're back and Gizmo too. My, he has grown.

• Back from the vet. I had a choice between letting his cut heal on it's own which would naturally take longer to heal, or having them drug him and put in a couple stitches which would result in it healing faster. I opted for the latter.

Poor guy, has been pumped with so many drugs since I got him! Hopefully this will be the last one for a long time!

EDIT:
    Just got a call from the vet. Everything went fine, and he is ready to be picked up. He was still a bit groggy, so I am going to wait an hour until I pick him up.

• @NerdyDogOwner:

It's called "Clomicalm", which contains 20mg of Klomipraminhydroklorid. Not sure what it's called in english, but I suspect it's something similar…maybe switch our the Ks with Cs?

Clomicalm is the english name of it too, I had a foster that I put on it too. It is the came thing and the translation is just switching a few letters "clomipramine hydrochloride"

• Welcome back, it's nice to hear from you again. Gizmo has certainly grown into a handsome Basenji.
    Sorry to hear he cut his paw and wish him a speedy recovery.

Suggested Topics