• @QuizBasenji:

Songs beginning with O to fit the Basenji…
    Occasional Demons - Jethro Tull / Offend In Every Way - The White Stripes
    Of Gods and Monsters - Atreyu / Oh - The Madness
    Of Stories And Love - Joy Electric / Oh Bring Back the Egg Unbroken - Rasputina
    Of Wolf and Man - Metallica / Oh I Wept - Free
    Oh Lord! When? How? - Hives / Oh No - The Mothers of Invention
    Oh No Not You Again - Australian Crawl / Oh Well, Okay - Elliott Smith

Off The Leash - Mongrel
    Off The Rails - The Notwist
    Off the Wall - Michael Jackson

😉

Eheh I read all those names already ! The only one I really liked was the one I mentioned :s

Edit: I went through this whole list: http://www.songfacts.com/browse-song-o-1.php and none seemed fitting

• Fair enough! I just thought those, particularly "Oh Lord! When? How?" fitted Basenjis 🙂 I think One In A Million is a great name - and of course, she is!

• I like the name in itself, a few of them actually, but I also wanted to at least like the song or the band and I was almost giving up because every name I liked was from a song I didn't like that much eheh but then I found one from a song I actually know and like, just didn't came up when i thought of it so yeah I think I'll stick to it, I believe its the only name fitting for a girl, I found alot of them that would fit perfectly a B-boy but not that many for a girl, her kennel name will be "de Vila Moreira" so yeah i think Olivia 'One in a Million' de Vila Moreira fits even if I one day intend to show her.. Plus the breeder already had one of her relatives that was named like that, I don't know if that's something that's not supposed to be done but the breeder didn't seem to mind..

• How exciting for you, I like her face pattern very distinct, have fun and she is still only a baby but they do grow fast. Names are so hard, especially when more than one person has input and everyone has to agree.

Jolanda and Kaiser

• First Basenji's

Yayayy!! She reminds me of my girl! Too cute good luck! Ur life will change forever!

• Welcome home Ollie!

• Thanks everyone for the replies, my journey is just about to begin !
    The breeder told me she is family to 'Out of Africa' Basenjis, does anyone here also have a 'Out of Africa' or related ? That would be nice eheh

• Our younger boy 'Buddy' has all the 'Out of Africa" character traits, he's bigger boned, huskier, not as big a talker, and brindle red and white. Howerve we dont know his blood lines as he is an adoptee from Basenji Rescue.

• I just Googled girl names beginning with O, the only one that was really fitting and pretty was Olive or Olivia.

• Yep, I spent about 3 days trying to come up with names, searching online and asking my parents and brother for names all we came up with was Olivia, so her final name will be either "One in a million" Olivia Palito or Olivia Palito "One in a million" (Olivia Palito is the portuguese name for Olive in Popeye[Palito means toothpick])
    I have a few more photos of her but won't be uploading them today so maybe tomorrow I'll upload some !

Suggested Topics