• Time is the only healer for VS. The vet sometimes gives ABs incase there is an underlying infection. But really it's just rest, TLC and plenty of fluids. That's what makes it really frustrating. Megan is making a slight recovery already so we're hopeful she'll be back to normal soon.

• Great that Megan is making small improvements. Are you having to hand feed her then ?
    Is her water bowl raised up ?
    I mentioned the twitching because it reminded me of when Benji had seizure activity.
    He sometimes got what i called head bobbing that sometimes extended down his body. He used to have a dose of Valium to keep it under control. Not the best thing i know but neccesary at the time.
    Sending healing vibes to Megan xx from us and Malaika

• Megan is managing to eat/drink out of her bowl. We just hold the bowl study under her nose. I think the twitching is just part of the vertigo.

• Benji found it difficult to bend down to his dish so i got an upturned cardboard box, cut a circle in it and put his dish in, it worked realy well. Of course now you can buy raised dishes.

• I'm so pleased that Megan is beginning to improve. I had seen the posting but haven't been able to read until now - please keep us informed.

• Any update on Megan?

• Megan is continuing to improve slowly. She is eating and drinking by herself. Her head tilt is really bad however which is not helping with her balance but she is always pleased to see me when I get home from work and wags her tail.

We had the 15yr old BC (Dougie) at the vet today as he appears to have had a slight stroke or VS or similar. He is very disorientated in the house and has started having 'accidents' which he has never done before. His arthritis is getting worse but when he can get himself up, he is still enjoying going for a walk. He requires his food bowl to be put under his nose otherwise he is not aware there is any food for him.

I can feel some difficult decisions needing to be made in the near future. 😞

• I was wondering how Megan was doing. I'm glad she is improving.
    So sorry to hear about Dougie, it's so hard when our beloved Dogs get old. I hope he improves and can have some more time with you.

• Houston

Victoria..I am so sorry to hear that Dougie is not feeling well either..glad Megan is on an upswing if ever so slowly..

Praying they will both get better and time will be on their side..

• So pleased that Megan is getting slowly better but what a shame about Dougie -mind you he is a good age for a BC and he's had a lovely life with you. I do hope he does improve though and that you can have him for a bit longer.

Suggested Topics