Animal crualty case in norway involving basenjis

• I really don't know what the odds are, she is 100% sure that she will be cleared, animal controll didn't want to give med a number - but over 50% for sure that she will be convicted.

I hope with all of my heart that she gets convictet or that her apeal is rejected. Previous cases have most of them been clear in "lagmannsretten" (the secon trial) after being convicted in "tingretten" (the first court instance). And if she gets cleared or reduced sentence in the next round I think animal controll will apeal to supreme court (H?yesterett).

And yes, Norway has a lot of "paper work" and I think they have been scared to take this to court because of the extent of the case. There have been a lot of internal conflickts within the animal controll during the case, and at some point the leader in some other local branches of animal controll and animal wellfare stepped down from their position in protest against her getting her dogs back. (there was a posibility at some point that she would be allowed to get her dogs that was taken from her in 2008 back.)

And, I hope that this case will go all the way in the court systme and maybe be set as a presidence for similar cases later. And of course with the outcome that she will never, ever, have animals again.

• Houston

I sure hope that too..time will tell. At least you got some dogs out of there, that is a good thing.

• Time for some update on this case. The lady's apeal was denied in "lagmansretten" - and her only option now is a new apeal to High court. This is very very good news! She will apeal, however, it is not very likly that that will help her. She sais that her next option is to move out of Norway.

The sad side of this case is that as long as her case is up in the court system, she is allowed to have dogs, and at this very moment she has three mixed breeds. And I know that she is looking for a new basenji. So my advice to every breeder who get a request from norway for a puppy is to check her with the norwegian basenji club. (or me, or any well known breeder in norway.)

Tric has moved to a new home, and his new owner is very pleased with him. 🙂

• Houston

Anette, thanks for the update..hopefully she gets what she deserves, meanwhile I hope her dogs are safe while in her care..

• Okay, I had to pass on looking at the pictures. Anette, how giving of you to come forward to rescue these basenjis. You did the right thing - putting money in her pocket has nothing to do with it - you saved the dogs. I totally believe in karma, and this lady will have her good share of bad karma. What comes around goes around.

• Thanks for the update

could you please encourage Tric's new parents to join the forum. I enjoyed the pics of him so much

• New update in this case. High court rejected her apeal! We're so happy! But its not over yet - she is not giving up dogs, so she is on the move to sweden. I don't know how the swedish law is regarding this case. The swedish kennel club and basenji club are notified, and I dont think there is anymore we can do now.

Trics owner is very happy with him, but she is not a "forum"person.

• I believe this is the lady Ariel was taken away from.

Ariel:

EDIT: Yes, after reading through this topic I am almost 100% sure it is. Especially reading about the freezer, the owner told me about that.

Thing is this Aud, lady had stolen Ariel. She had not payed the breeder for her. Ariels owner managed to track down that she was from a Swedish breeder, and once the breeder heard of Ariel she wanted her money!

Last from what I heard she (Aud) has already several new dogs, all bought from Sweden…makes me sick.

• @NerdyDogOwner:

I believe this is the lady Ariel was taken away from.

If she is a young, red and white, basenji female - she is Tric's mother. Are you the owner? Or is the owner on this forum?

More info - please! 🙂

Edit: Aw she is beautifull! 🙂

New Edit: Yes, I know the story, and it is Trics mum. Its horrible. Aud has several new dogs, and she is in a hurry to move to sweden, if she stay her, the police will take her new dogs since she is not allowed to have dogs. I was in contact with the leader in the swedis basenji club and got info on Ariel and her father (who is also Tric's father). Hope Ariel is doing well and finally have got the home she deserve. 🙂

• Yeah, she is young, around 17 months. Was breed with pretty early, and with her father if I remember correctly. I don't know what the seriousness is when dogs are inbred, but I would have Tric fully tested…

No I'm not the owner, just know her via the dogpark.

EDIT:
    Yes Ariel has a great new "mom". That other dog you see with her is a new member of the family, and Ariel LOVES him. She has a great new home, I can assure you that.

I don't have much more info, what is it you want to know? I did make a topic with several pictures of Ariel and Gizmo.

EDIT 2:
    Do you have any pictures of Tric? I know she would enjoy seeing a picture.

• Tric was never intended to live with me, and he got a new home in trondheim around easter, he has two sisters, one in kristiansand (r/w) and one somewhere in vestfold (tricolour) I know the owners. I've told Tric, Totiki and Limas new owners everything I know so how much they will test them is up to them.

Tric:

And Tric with Kasko and Kahlo (my two dogs)

And I am SO glad to hear that Ariel has a good home. Really! 🙂

• A happy ending for Ariel and her pups, thanks for sharing. Hopefully that awful woman will be banned wherever she goes!

• Houston

I know that one the swedish basenji forum/yahoo groups I am a member of she is mentioned and warned about..I sure hope she doesn't have any new dogs..she needs to be put away..but if Norway is anything like Sweden, the crime has to be way more severe then stealing a dog or breeding unethically..such a shame.
    Thanks for the update Anette.

• I know for a fact that she has at least 3 dogs - rumor has it that it is 6 or more. I guess she has a timelimit to rehome them or leave norway or else they will be removed from her, again. I'm starting to feel sorry for her, she obviously have no idea that what she is doing is wrong… its just sad.

Just the idea of breeding a 6 months old bitch with her own father... I'm out of words.

• I would feel sorry for her as well, but she is doing damage to dogs. My heart is always with the dogs who have no control. I hope someone can get her away from animals and keep them from her.
    Maybe then she can get the help she needs.

• That is my hope too, that she at some point will realise that she needs help, and then maby someone can help her.

It feels a bit useless to save the basenjis when she just went out and got some new dogs - but for the dogs we got away from her, it probably made the difference between a life in neglect and a good life, so then it was worth it.

Suggested Topics