Skip to content

Over we go

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Should i go for a Basenji (I do want one)?

    Basenji Talk
    19
    1 Votes
    19 Posts
    7k Views
    ZandeZ
    A good job, well done !
  • Going on Vacation.

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    V
    Wizard, thats pretty much what I was hoping to hear. In regards to training, I meant along the lines of enforcing good behavior, like sitting down to have his leash taken off or waiting for a release to eat, not digging at the furniture. Stuff like that. I don't expect my roommate to "obedience train" my pup. Overall I have a lot of trust in him, we have lived together for 3 years and been friends for the past 7 years. Even if he doesn't have a vested interest in the dog, he has a pretty vested interest in our friendship. Khani, I think Jean is in South Africa right now, and I would prefer to have him stay home if possible. It looks like everything will work out. Also, Both Jean and Kyle spoke Highly of you and your dogs. Thanks again for the advice everyone
  • My B loves to go for walks

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Is It Ever Going To End?

    Basenji Talk
    34
    0 Votes
    34 Posts
    21k Views
    MantisM
    What I tell my puppy owners is that if the puppy will be crated during the day, then it SHOULD sleep with them at night. What is the sense of having a companion that is in a crate during the day, and in the crate at night? I had Caesar crated during the day while I was at work and at night because I had Beta who was the same age, but completely an out of control basenji due to her rescue background. They were crated together. Neither ever complained. Caesar complained as a puppy. Each situation is different and unique I suppose.
  • Does your Basenji go umph?

    Basenji Talk
    51
    0 Votes
    51 Posts
    31k Views
    tanzaT
    @felakuti: our felakuti goes barooooooo when he is very very happy. :) we decided to get that little female basenji at Debbie's Petland, the one with the 5 toes..We have named her Queen Nyahbinghi after a warrior queen of the 19th century in Uganda…her call name is Nyah. :) so now we have two lovedoveys. :) Good luck with your pup….. hopefully you got her for a reasonable price... I would be interested to know if AKC papers came with her... and what the breeding is, if available.... also would hope that with the time she spent in the Pet Store, this will show them that a Basenji is not a good business decision.....
  • Going to the dog park

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    G
    My girl Lacie, does the exact same thing when we goto the dog park. My boy Ozzie will go explore a little bit and watch the other dogs play but not really get involved and he will always come back to me after a minute or two. We have only gone a couple of times but one time he finally got the urge to put him self out there and do his little sumo move and crouch down to play with this one dog, but sadly that dog wasn't interested.