Many can relate to this…

• We always had dogs when I was a kid. I remember getting my face washed by a Spaniel-Mutt mix and an Irish Setter. We also had a cat who would sleep in my crib with me…probably because it was someplace the dogs couldn't reach. I don't know why so many people have such biases against having babies and animals together. Wasn't their own Saviour born amidst animals? Seems He turned out okay.

• @Quercus:

OMG!!! that story makes me break out in hives….twin humans, two puppies under a year old...shudder....

I don't know, sounds like a great reality show to me.

• @AJs:

We always had dogs when I was a kid. I remember getting my face washed by a Spaniel-Mutt mix and an Irish Setter. We also had a cat who would sleep in my crib with me…probably because it was someplace the dogs couldn't reach. I don't know why so many people have such biases against having babies and animals together. Wasn't their own Saviour born amidst animals? Seems He turned out okay.

LOL, good point!

When my older kids were babies the cat I had then used to always jump in the crib and sleep with them –- never once tried to suck out their breath, LOL.

My kids have never lived w/out both cats and dogs in the house at the same time.

• Houston

Neither have mine, and we have yet to have any allergy issues in our home..I would not have it any other way..having pets and children together nurtures compassionate humans..in my opinion..

Suggested Topics