• Houston

Yes eggs are favorites, they all steal them while I am gathering them from the coop..take the whole egg and walk away, drop it once or twice until they break, then feast…fresh, still warm, straight from a chicken bottom..yumm-o.

He is getting healthier though, now bananas

• He must have needed some potassium, eh? 😃

• @Basenjimamma:

Yes eggs are favorites, they all steal them while I am gathering them from the coop..take the whole egg and walk away, drop it once or twice until they break, then feast…fresh, still warm, straight from a chicken bottom..yumm-o.

He is getting healthier though, now bananas

Ya hoo! We have our complete meal then. We'll call it "Otis' Texas Style Basenji Breakfast". 🆒

• First Basenji's

LOL, I know. Plastic (usually juice bottles) and jeans are his favorite things to chew.

Speaking of things they just have to have, whether they like it or not, Cody and Moe orchestrated an awesome theft last night. I was eating dinner when I heard Cody knock something over. I ran to see what it was (a baby gate), and he took off across the kitchen. Next I heard a crash in the dining room. I looked under the table and Moe was happily munching on my egg roll and Cody was inhaling my rice. I had to laugh because I got tricked and I should have known better.

• Houston

Crystal,
    this happens all the time, I have now gotten to the point where I don't leave my food on the table, they are getting that good at trying to steal it, and they work together..

Funny story..

• My first basenji was the master of deceit when it came to food. He would do something he knew he shouldn't in another room while I was eating dinner. I'd go to see and he'd sneak around to the kitchen the other way. I'd come back and the meal would be gone!

Gossy is a big plastic lover but usually only when she wants dinner and I don't have it ready in time for her schedule.

• Love the pic of the peanut butter Jar with the teeth marks. What is it with Basenjis and plastic.
    It reminded me of a Jar of Vicks menthol rub that i still have complete with Benjis tooth marks. Its quite precious to me now he's gone and i expect i will keep the jar even when its empty.
    Fancy Otis eating a banana and with the skin as well UGGGGHHHH !

• I love it - makes me realize my life with Basenjis isn't so crazy afterall!

• They can be very sneaky and resourceful when it comes to food. My favorite story on here from WAY back is the one about the B whose grandma came to dinner. Everybody else was at the table and he wasn't included, so he climbed up on the back of the recliner and launched himself into the middle of the mashed potatoes!!! Then there were the two B's that turned on the STOVE when mom was upstairs getting ready for work! Guess they made the stove equals food connection and were trying to fix their own breakfast!

• They defiantly work in pairs, the sneaky conniving little devils! Never turn your back on a Basenji. Then they sit with such an innocent look on their face like "he did it".

Suggested Topics