• @Janneke:

How can you not like this? (Liina :))

Wow!! It could have been my puppy on the picture!!!

She's so alike!!

Love!
    Mona

• Hi all!

I'm new here and I hope this Thread is the right place for my question! This year is the right time for me to get a Basenji (I've been waiting sooooo long!).
    I've seen that Zahleka Kennel from Sweden is expecting puppies from a beautiful combination. Does anyone know this kennel, or especially the bitch (Kazors Niambi)? The stud dog is from kennel Faraoland - this one was already mentioned to be good.
    I can't find Zahleka in the Swedish Basenji club….

I don't want to bother any breeder until I'm sure that I want a puppy from him. This is why I'm asking here.
    Thank you,
    Sandra

• @Sandra:

Hi all!

I'm new here and I hope this Thread is the right place for my question! This year is the right time for me to get a Basenji (I've been waiting sooooo long!).
    I've seen that Zahleka Kennel from Sweden is expecting puppies from a beautiful combination. Does anyone know this kennel, or especially the bitch (Kazors Niambi)? The stud dog is from kennel Faraoland - this one was already mentioned to be good.
    I can't find Zahleka in the Swedish Basenji club….

I don't want to bother any breeder until I'm sure that I want a puppy from him. This is why I'm asking here.
    Thank you,
    Sandra

Hi Sandra,
    firstly welcome to the forum :D.
    I have 11 month old B male from Zahleka kennels. His name is Zahleka Zanzkrit
    I saw Niambi this June at Czech Basenji Club show. I don't like her so much, she isn't an ideal female for me.
    Try ask Linda about pup from this mating, but I think she already has all pups reserved…What I know this mating has been really asked.
    Do you want pup only from Sweden?

• Hi Irena,

thank you for your opinion. Can you specify why Niambi isn't "ideal" - character or exterieur?

Sweden is best for me - I'm from Sweden and want to pick up the Puppy by car (also Norway would be possible).

Greetings,
    Sandra

PS: Zanzkrit is a beuatiful dog - his look is stoically as if nothing could worry him!

• Hi Sandra - I really think your best idea is to get to some shows and meet the breeders and their dogs in the flesh - remember not every good breeder has a website - and not every breeder who has a website is necessarily a good one! There are many excellent breeders of Basenji in Sweden (i am importing a pup to Scotland from Sweden next year - though he hasnt been born yet!) - and while you will get lots of excellent advice on here (i.e. regarding health tests to expect to have been done etc), it is all just peoples very personal opinions and everyone can be looking for very different things.

I really dont think any decent breeder would be offended if you asked to go and meet them or their dogs without making a commitment - although again i still think it would be best if you went along to some shows where you can get chatting to people at the ringside and see the dogs for yourself. You can then get a feel for the temperament etc, and then make your own mind up.

Best of luck, and I hope you get your Basenji soon!

• @Sandra:

Hi Irena,

thank you for your opinion. Can you specify why Niambi isn't "ideal" - character or exterieur?

Sweden is best for me - I'm from Sweden and want to pick up the Puppy by car (also Norway would be possible).

Greetings,
    Sandra

PS: Zanzkrit is a beuatiful dog - his look is stoically as if nothing could worry him!

She looks skinny (don't mean it bad) and leggy for me and I don't like her head. It's just my opinion.
    Of course I don't say she isn't pretty. Everybody likes different dog's type.
    What I heard she has very nice character and she is successful show bitch.

It is the best idea to go look at show and chat with breeders face to face.

• @Pearl:

They are Bulldobas Echo of Kenya and Suntribe's Mara Jade Skywalker.
    I'm very pleased for my puppy, but her bite isn't korrekt. And I want to show! So I "need" an new puppy. And I want a friend for my Basenji.

It is great you are getting lots of recommendations, but you need to talk to Tuija about your B. I assume you got her from tuija or Bettan… if the bite did not end up correct _, then I would assume that they would replace this Basenji with another basenji.

You are right, it takes a while to get a B into Sweden. I sent a bitch back from the nationals, she was close to 9 months old before getting to Sweden. It takes that long [she was ready to go ~ rabies titer confirmed ~ only 10 days before I left for the national!]. I am sending my young Chrissy girl [she is just 6 months now] next spring, so she will have had time to get all the rabies titer stuff done… but then they are getting a bitch that is almost 1 year old. That is just how it is with Sweden.

Madelene and Sofie [Kennel Enigma] are also have a litter of pups. As is Bettan.

@irena:

She looks skinny (don't mean it bad) and leggy for me and I don't like her head. It's just my opinion.
    Of course I don't say she isn't pretty. Everybody likes different dog's type.
    What I heard she has very nice character and she is successful show bitch.

She is too leggy?? I believe the standard over there is pretty darn close to the US standard. The second sentence of our standard asks for a dog that is … and lightly built, appearing high on the leg compared to its length...
    From what I have seen, she could possibly even use another 1/2" to be a little more balanced in height to length. But, she is still a nice elegant bitch. If she were and shorter, or less leggy, she would be far too long in back for her height._

• No I won't replayce my B! She's very loved!!!
    I have been talking with both Tuija and Bettan so thats ok. I just want an new B, and wanted to have som help. I have got good respons and I'm happy. Now I know what I want!
    I'm getting B number 2 when I can afford one!! And I realy want an B with "Bulldobas- blood"!! My B is very like Echo and that's how I want an B to look like!!

Thanks for the answer!
    Mona

• @khanis:

It is great you are getting lots of recommendations, but you need to talk to Tuija about your B. I assume you got her from tuija or Bettan… if the bite did not end up correct _, then I would assume that they would replace this Basenji with another basenji.

You are right, it takes a while to get a B into Sweden. I sent a bitch back from the nationals, she was close to 9 months old before getting to Sweden. It takes that long [she was ready to go ~ rabies titer confirmed ~ only 10 days before I left for the national!]. I am sending my young Chrissy girl [she is just 6 months now] next spring, so she will have had time to get all the rabies titer stuff done… but then they are getting a bitch that is almost 1 year old. That is just how it is with Sweden.

Madelene and Sofie [Kennel Enigma] are also have a litter of pups. As is Bettan.

She is too leggy?? I believe the standard over there is pretty darn close to the US standard. The second sentence of our standard asks for a dog that is … and lightly built, appearing high on the leg compared to its length...
    From what I have seen, she could possibly even use another 1/2" to be a little more balanced in height to length. But, she is still a nice elegant bitch. If she were and shorter, or less leggy, she would be far too long in back for her height.

I just said she is too leggy for me. She is elegant but I have seen more elegant bitch than she is. I saw her in June and she did not interest me._

• about importing to sweden, it is only difficult with time laps and rabies tests etc. when the dog is older then 12 weeks, before that you can ask a special permit at the swedish board of agriculture, to import a puppy under 12 weeks of age, but the sooner you do that the better ofcourse, because you need the permit before the puppy reaches 12 weeks ofcourse 🙂

Suggested Topics