• No hummingbirds here (bit cold and too far north!) but he does have a thing for pouncing on spiders and trying to catch bluebottles and bumble bees!

• I would love to have humming birds, if it moves mine will chase it!

• @caz:

Yep, dead leaves, seaweed, bits of fluff, bunnies….. lol.

He also does a meerkat pose if the grass is too long for him to see over. He'll stand stock still on his back legs just looking into the fields 😃

The meerkat pose…cool! Never seen mine do that.
    At Rocco's first show at Windsor, I had just got him stacked on the table for the judge to examine, when a low flying jumbo jet went directly overhead. He just stood there, motionless, apart from watching this plane. Everybody laughed, including the judge, and me!

I've had to kit the kitchen windowsil out with vetbed, so they can wildlife watch/sunbathe in comfort. And you know all about Dora's love of car chasing!

• I also have a showstory to share…

Ochre is particularly interested in the birds too. What I had started to do was say, 'Is that the birds/birdies ???', to her, and she would stop whatever, to watch them fly around... Thats fine, until, I was at a show, just placed her on a table, she looked up, and stoopid me, says to her, "Is that the birdies", not thinking what I was saying, or more to the point, where I was... WELL, she freezes, up goes the head, and I CANNOT get her to do anything... I patiently wait, with the judge standing next to me, till the damn bird goes out of sight, stack her up, and the judge looks at me and says "I thought these were hounds not bird dogs !!!" I apologize to him, blushing madly, hes laughing, and Ochre goes on to win BOB ⭕o:o

Later I tell him what that was all about, still very red faced I might add...

• First Basenji's

Cody just likes watching whatever is outside: cars, people, animals, grass, wind, whatever. He doesn't even notice planes or helicopters anymore unless they are flying extremely low, but we live near Camp Lejeune, where they are a common occurrence.
    attachment_p_88160_0_codyw1.jpg
    attachment_p_88160_1_codyw4.jpg
    attachment_p_88160_2_codyw5.jpg

• And all this time I thought my Abbey was the only dog in the world that spotted helicopters and airplanes!! She sits down and watches till they're out of sight.

• crystalncody nice pictures of Cody very handsome guy. I call that window studying.

Rita Jean

• I forgot to mention that Gossy will chase not only birds but also their shadows 🙂

• Houston

Otis will chase seagulls when we are at the beach, not in the air though, he chases their shadows..silly dog.

• Jaycee chases shadows of all kinds it must be because they do not chase her.

Rita Jean

Suggested Topics