Yeah Im still waiting on a contact back. My friend said he can't afford a vet visit Neither can I or id do it. I just took MINE in for a wellness check so I cannot afford another vet visit. She just needs out of his house and into a good home. I still cant believe hes only giving her till thursday to straighten out. he has NO patience.
As I suggested to you when I contacted you by phone, you might approach your leasing office and see if they will temporarily allow you to keep the other dog until rescue contacts you. Have you done that yet? I also suggest that part of the problem is that the other dogs this guys girlfriend has might be part of the problem as some dogs are very territorial. If the Female Basenji feels threatened by the presence of the other dogs or is being treated harshly by the guy that has her or his girlfriend then she could be reacting to that. Keep in mind that both the Guy and his girlfriend have the smell of his girlfriend/roommates dogs smell on them.
From what you told me this dog has only been with them 4 days and now it being treated as unwelcome by both the guy and his girl. Also from what you said they are both fearful of the dog. The dog senses this. What I am saying here is very important because in the short time the dog has been present there is a pecking order being established for dominance in the house.
You mentioned you had absolutely no problems when you had this dog the first day before you released it this couple. So if you really want to help the situation then ask your leasing agent at your complex about keeping this other dog on a Temporary basis. That would be more helpful than posting and complaining that the fellow you gave her to is being unreasonable. Also from what you told me about the situation it is not healthy for the dog or the people involved for the Female Basenji to be left in that situation because it can escalate. You were able to keep it for a day before, so go get it and keep it another day and maybe in that time Brat will contact you. If the dog behaves for you, then maybe your leasing office will not find out you have her again unless you tell them. If it was worth the risk the first time you did it, it should be worth the risk the second.
You said this dog was also AKC registered and had papers. Get the papers and make an attempt to contact the breeder.
One of the other things you could also do is talk to the Vet you deal with and explain your money situation. It is possible that your Vet might let you take the dog in now for examination and allow you to pay them later. You will have to ask them to find this out.