• Houston

Have you ever bred Basenjis before? Do you have a suitable maledog, meaning testing has been done (and he passed) and he is of age? Even if this bitch pup didn't have problems with an overbite, she still might not be suitable to be bred. What I am saying is is you do rehome her and get another bitch, what is to say that bitch will be better? Maybe she won't have a teeth problem, but other things might arrise.
    How long have you owned basenjis? Maybe Myran or Beckis will get on here and give you/us some insight of what to do since you are in Sweden and not here.
    I wish you and the pup good luck.

• Just curious…Is she fighting with another female or is she fighting with a male?

• Is she in season just now?

• @Basenjimamma:

Have you ever bred Basenjis before? Do you have a suitable maledog, meaning testing has been done (and he passed) and he is of age? Even if this bitch pup didn't have problems with an overbite, she still might not be suitable to be bred. What I am saying is is you do rehome her and get another bitch, what is to say that bitch will be better? Maybe she won't have a teeth problem, but other things might arrise.
    How long have you owned basenjis? Maybe Myran or Beckis will get on here and give you/us some insight of what to do since you are in Sweden and not here.
    I wish you and the pup good luck.

Ofcourse all that isn't fixt! She is not att beeding age yet! She is just 8months!
    And I know that she may not be a god female to breed on! All I wanted was some thinking about the teeths!! 😕😕😕 I'm getting so tired about this. Why must it be like this?! One little question and I gett mostly ****….

I dont need that! I needed just the answer about the teeths...

So this place wasn't the right I think...

:(:(:(:(:(:(

• An older female! The other is 5? yers…

• Houston

Pearl,
    Forlat…I am sorry didn't mean to upset you. Yes as far as teeth, do not think they will change much at this age, I have an 8 mo. old male myself and his teeth have been in for months now. I believe the reason the question regarding the other dog she is fighting beinga male vs female, is because Basenji females are somewhat notorious for needing to be the only female in the house, i.e they might fight. So this is a very common issue among multiple dog owners..does that make any sense?

• Please you really did come to the right place for answer's to questions. We do not always like what is in front of us as I do not always like it either. Yes I can become upset and run my mouth but if it is the right and I say again the right thing for my B then after I settle down I may see it in a different light.
    Could be your 5 year old just will not let another female come into the pack.

Rita Jean

• Ok, I think in is sad that pepole "always" deside that the person that asks something is "stupid". I know fairly much about dogs… But I wanted som support...

But she dosn't fight with my other two females....
    And they are all older than the Basenji.

• Is it one in particular that always starts the fights?

• @Pearl:

Ok, I think in is sad that pepole "always" deside that the person that asks something is "stupid". I know fairly much about dogs… But I wanted som support...

But she dosn't fight with my other two females....
    And they are all older than the Basenji.

I don't think there is anybody who thinks your 'stupid'. I think there are only people here who want to think with you and help.

• Please do ask your questions that's why everyone is here. There are no right and wrong and you are not stupid.

Rita Jean

• To answer about the teeth, at 8 months old most of the time the will not fix but sometimes if it just the front teeth and the canine still have correct alignment the bite will fix. Sometimes the teeth in the front will change alignment several times. They may or may not produce it in their immediate offspring but even if their offspring have good bites, the issue can crop up again in a future generation.

Since you are having the issue of her not getting along with another dog, it probably isn't going to be worth waiting and hoping that it fixes and then possibly having it go off again at later age. If you really think she may be an asset to your breeding program other than her bite, maybe you can find a co-ownership arrangement where the new owner will not be too disappointed if her bite never fixes and she is really just a well loved pet.

• I think there is perhaps a slight language barrier here.

Pearl, I don't think anyone intended to make you upset or make you feel stupid. I'm sorry if that's the way you feel. Perhaps you could post in your native language and one of our forum friends from Sweden could interpret for us and visa versa.

Administrator, would this be OK ?

• Hi friends!
    I am sure all of you just want to help Pearl. But….I do understand english well and some of you started to not answear on "teeth or fight" question, but with responsibility questions and breeding ethics. I know it belongs to all this, but maybe Pearl knows all about it and just needed some another opinion about her bitches bite.

• Houston

I guess I am the

some of you started to not answear on "teeth or fight" question, but with responsibility questions and breeding ethics

, however, IMO and I am not a breeder..maybe one day, not now..if you have to question the bitches bite problem and fighting, maybe you should look into the breed further…again IMO.

• @Basenjimamma:

I guess I am the , however, IMO and I am not a breeder..maybe one day, not now..if you have to question the bitches bite problem and fighting, maybe you should look into the breed further…again IMO.

Wow. :rolleyes:

• Houston

Meaning, if you are planing on breeding a dog even if several years down the line, don't you fall in love with it as soon as you get it..and not part with it because it has an over bite. Wouldn't you want to own one for some time, before you decide, I am going to breed this bitch..one day.

• @Petra:

Hi friends!
    I am sure all of you just want to help Pearl. But….I do understand english well and some of you started to not answear on "teeth or fight" question, but with responsibility questions and breeding ethics. I know it belongs to all this, but maybe Pearl knows all about it and just needed some another opinion about her bitches bite.

Thank you Petra. You're the voice of reason. I hope Pearl is still reading:).

• Houston

I hope Pearl is still on here too, although probably sleeping as it is in the middle of night over there.
    If I quit coming on here because of all the "bad/negative" feedbacks I have gotten or what ever you want to call it, I would be loosing out on so much information and fun stuff too. You have to take everything with a grain of salt as it is merely an opinion and yes, sometimes, heck lots of times, opinions hurt and make you mad.. but they also make you learn more.

• Pearl please come back we all mean well.

Rita Jean

Suggested Topics