Moving

My husband and I will be moving from our apartment into a house within the next few months. We were wondering if there was anything we should know about moving with our 9 month old B? Any hints to get her use to the new house? I don't want her be to scared.

Pack her bed and a few favorite toys last and unpack them first. I'd also use a DAP in both places for a while - say a month at the old place and a month at the new place. Try to keep your routine the same.

Is the new house in the same city? If so take your pup on play visits, make it a happy fun adventure. And if she has two beds, put one in the new house right away.

I agree about bed and toys and walks. I also would try to send as much time as I could with your B in first few days and nights.

Rita Jean

I think she will love investigating everything & will be just fine. Does she generally show fear toward new situations or surroundings?

Oh no she has no fear about any situation. 🙂 Alright thanks for the advice everyone.

Let us know when you move and everything went please.

Rita Jean

Looks like your connection to Basenji Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.